Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Midwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Missouri Attorney General sues local Ford Dealer

News reports indicate the Missouri Attorney General has filed suit against a local Ford Dealership for failure to provide titles to retail customers. For the full report - click here

The suit involves two Suntrup Ford locations that were providing cars on consignment to a used car dealership, Mylenbusch Auto Sales, that subsequently went out of business.

The suit contends that Mylenbusch Auto Sales retailed approximately 50 vehicles that the two Suntrup Dealerships had consigned but were never paid for them. Suntrup has apparently refused to issue titles to the retail customers who bought their cars from Mylenbusch Auto Sales because they are still awaiting payment from Mylenbusch Auto Sales.

While I'm not an attorney, I don't think the two Suntrup Ford Dealerships have a leg to stand on.

I wonder if the vehicles the two Suntrup Ford locations had on consignment were floored? If so that may explain why management is refusing to release titles.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I watched the video that was part of the link in the first thread and it was interesting to hear that two other dealerships that had consigned vehicles to the failed used car dealer have already agreed to surrender titles.

The attorney representing the two Suntrup Ford stores also indicated he felt the matter would be resolved soon.

I wonder if the dealerships that consigned the vehicles to the failed used car dealer can get any relief from their insurance policies. Would failure of the used car dealer to pay for the vehicles be covered under the dealership's fraud coverage?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote