Notices

Feedback Technical problems? Suggestions? Let us know what's on your mind

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Frequently Asked Questions - Pre-Registration Questions

Q: Why do you want to know my birthday?

A: We need to know the birthday of each member to ensure that we are not using this website to market or sell to children that are under the age of 13. As a member, you will have the ability to hide this information from other members if you choose to do so.

Q: Why do you want to know my name?

A: Your name will remain private and will not be viewable by the members or guests that visit DealershipForum.com. We require each members name for account verification purposes. In the event our staff believes that a member has falsified information to gain access to the Forum we need to be able to contact that individual and verify that they either own or work for an Automotive Dealership.

Q: Why do you want to know the Dealership's name?

A: Just like your name, we need your Dealership name for account verification purposes. The name of your Dealership will remain private and will not be viewable by the members or guests that visit DealershipForum.com.

Q: Why should I enroll when I can just view the Forum as a guest?

A: There are several reasons:
  • The annoying "Welcome" box that's at the top of each page goes away when our members log-on.
  • You have the ability to vote on polls and respond to existing threads.
  • You have the ability to start your own threads.
  • You have access to the Search Engine allowing you to search the database of existing posts.
  • You have access to our Private Message System allowing you to send and receive messages with other members.
  • You have access to our Member Information allowing you to search for members and view their profile.
Q: What name should I use for my Username?

A: That's 100% your call. Our only suggestion is that it should be something that's easy for you to remember and does not identify you by name.

Q: Why do you want to know my Job Description, my location and what Franchises my Dealership represents?

A: As our community grows this information will be very helpful to our members. As an example, if you're a Sales Manager at a Ford Dealership and you have a question about a Factory Incentive, you can perform a member search and identify all of the other Ford Sales Managers that work in your state and then send a Private Message to the individual that's appears to be the most helpful.

Q: Your Registration Agreement makes reference to "Premium Memberships." Are you going to charge for this service in the future?

A: No, our current Business Plan includes free access to DealershipForum.com for the forseeable future. The "Premium Memberships" will offer our members additional features and provide them with access to Hidden Forums.

Q: Why do you need Hidden Forums?

A: As the Forum evolves we know that there are going to be discussions that should not be viewable by the public. Topics might include Factory to Dealer Incentives, Dealer Termination Packages, Pending Recall Announcements, etc. When these topics emerge, our staff will move them to a Hidden Forum that is accessable only by our Premium Members.
Closed Thread