Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopargirl View Post
well i just found out from my parts rep that rowerdink is buying part from 2 dealerships.
but if they are sending around flyers that have the chrysler, jeep, dodge, mopar logo on them, isn't that copy right infrigment?
Thanks for the update.

It seems that Rowerdink is getting their Mopar parts the same way that Walmart is - they're buying them from a dealership.

Frankly, I think your report is good news. It's nice to hear that Chrysler hasn't tried to circumvent the dealers and sell parts directly to the wholesalers.

Concerning the copyright infringement, while you may have a point I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone a Chrysler/Mopar who will care. It's just like the Walmart example that 79LilRedExpress commented on - at the end of the day Chrysler likes this additional business and they're not going to do anything to slow it down.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
flstsphil

These relationships, between dealers and independent parts chains, used to be arranged by the Chrysler District managers working directly with the "cooperative" Mopar parts dealers. They were very low gross, but allowed some dealers to optain Mopar Masters status, or earn certain trips.
I turned down the offer once so Chrysler took the deal to the dealer down the road. Since the factories make the rules, interpret the rules, and enforce the rules they can always manipulate these situations to get the results they want.
flstsphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
DealerEx

XDCX writes: " I wonder if Chrysler's Dealer Council has a position on this issue?"

I suspect it would be their standard position... kneeling, with nose firmly planted against numerous Auburn Hills butts, waiting to be told what they think about it.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
XDCX writes: " I wonder if Chrysler's Dealer Council has a position on this issue?"

I suspect it would be their standard position... kneeling, with nose firmly planted against numerous Auburn Hills butts, waiting to be told what they think about it.
That does seem to fit with the image a lot of Chrysler dealers have about their Dealer Council. I think the darkest days for Chrysler's Dealer Council were the two years that went by during the Cerberus era when the dealers had virtually no representation. Hell, I remember a Conference Call shortly after the termination of the OLDCO dealers where one of the Council leaders suggested the terminations were a good thing and we'd all look back on Chrysler's decision and agree it was a good one.

To his credit, I think that David Kelleher has made significant efforts to represent the Chrysler dealers and make improvements but I don't think Auburn Hills takes the process very seriously.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote