Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Service

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
43+

LAKESHOW,

I agree with Jefo 100%. There is NO legitimate reason to have charged you a $100 Customer Participation.

If I understand your complaint correctly, you have a 4 inch vertical crack on the outside of the side of the driver seat bottom cover. The vinyl panel that does not allow you to see the seat frame work. Is this correct?

If so, I will mention that Jefo was not able to include ALL the info regarding the TSB. It is not possible to post pictures in a post.

What was left out is this:

The following conditions are not caused by the customer and should be covered by warranty:

•Split seams

•Wear/cracking/peeling

•Discoloration/dye transfer from customer clothing (if discoloration/dye transfer is not removed after using GM Leather and Vinyl Plastic Cleaner, P/N 88861401 (in Canada, P/N 88861409), replace the covers.)

The picture shows VERTICAL cracks on the side of the seat bottom cover/panel.

If you weighed 600lbs... it is still WEAR/CRACKING....Period!

"Comes back denied again, this time the rep claims..."He's a big guy, things are going to wear out quicker."

The REP is an idiot and so is the Service Manager that do not know about this TSB. There was absolutely no need to get the REP involved at all. The claim would have paid with no problems. I GUARANTEE it.

You are entitled to your $100 back with no questions. Demand it.

43+

Last edited by 43+; 07-03-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: more info
43+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
tnpartsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43+ View Post
As for GMC.... it is near 100% identical to a Chevrolet truck except for a few trim items and subtle body differences. That has been the case for 40 years. Only the consumer has been hoodwinked into believing there is a QUALITY difference.

We received a NEW truck in ( a few years ago ) with the left front door molding having a Chevy Bowtie and the right front molding with a GMC logo.

The only difference between a Chevy & a GMC is the price. ( GMC offering the more expensive body panels and options ).

What is the point in having GMC and Chevrolet Trucks? There never was.... except from a SALES standpoint. Same book....different cover.

43+
Actually, since the 2007 New model, they have different bed sides too. The GMC is nearly flat, where the Chevy tapers in on the ends (thats why they have to have 6 part numbers for bed rail caps 5.8, 6.6, and 8 foot beds, and one each for each brand.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
tnpartsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I'd like to think all of the OEMs care about their dealer network but I follow your point and agree that actions speak louder than words. GM has made a number of decisions lately that shows they don't place too much value on their dealer relations.

Concerning Buick and Pontiac, I totally agree that it was Buick's popularity in China that saved the brand. I remember that Bob Lutz wanted to save Pontiac as a niche brand but the Auto Task Force rejected the idea.

Pontiac was a great brand - I was sad to see it die.
Actually.... I've read a few different places that Pontiac was kept by the NEWCO (the Brand name and trade dress), whereas Hummer, Saturn, Oldsmobile, LaSalle, ect (all the old nameplates they had held the Branding and trade dress copywritten for many, many years were included in the Bankrupcy) went out with the OLDCO. The explanation is that Obama won't be in office forever, and that GM will recover and want a niche/performance brand again.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Lakeshow

I agree, if not for China Buick would have gone instead of Pontiac. Too bad, hope they can resurrect the brand better than they did the GTO in '04.

Thanks for the reply 43+. It was bugging me so I called the service manager, who coincidentally was our dealer service rep before bankruptcy. He got canned in the whole scandal. Anyway, he claims the rep called for customer participation because he thinks I caused the crack, not faulty parts/craftsmanship. I decided long ago to never buy another new GM vehicle so it is what it is. It's a complete waste of my time to pursue it any further as far as I'm concerned.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
Actually.... I've read a few different places that Pontiac was kept by the NEWCO (the Brand name and trade dress), whereas Hummer, Saturn, Oldsmobile, LaSalle, ect (all the old nameplates they had held the Branding and trade dress copywritten for many, many years were included in the Bankrupcy) went out with the OLDCO. The explanation is that Obama won't be in office forever, and that GM will recover and want a niche/performance brand again.
Wow, that's very interesting. I'd never heard that before.

I really liked the direction that Pontiac was headed just before the Task Force had them killed off. In some ways I was starting to see Pontiac as a brand that offered styling and performance that would be suitable for BMW for a fraction of the price. Granted, the Aztek did a lot of damage to the brand but at least Pontiac was headed in the right direction with cars like the Solstice, G6 and G8.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote