Go Back   DealershipForum.com > European Franchises > Other > Sales

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
57years

Default Range Rover Evoque

Thinking about a different SUV for myself. My wife likes the look of the Range Rover Evoque. I really think the "DYNAMIC" model and trim is the only package I would be interested in. Do any of the Members have a comment about this vehicle? You can send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks!

DCX, if you feel any need to move this to AREA 51, feel free!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
mryan55

The Evoque is awesome! The Dynamic model is a little rich for my blood, but I actually owned a 2013 Evoque Pure 5dr for about a year. I put 6,000 miles on it in that time. The 2.0L four cylinder feels like it would be underpowered, but it really does a good job. Don't expect stellar fuel economy, but it is OK for an AWD SUV. I averaged in the low 20 MPG range in a cold climate.

Mine was just a Pure with Cold Weather Group and HD/Satellite Radio packages... not a lot of options, but I don't usually buy anything too fancy.

If you're in the midwest, I recommend Howard Orloff Land Rover/Volvo/Jaguar on Paulina St in Chicago, Just of the Kennedy at Armitage... I have purchased three from there over the years!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
57years

Thanks. I am driving a Lexus RX now. Have never been happier with a car I didn't sell!!

They seem to be like "Carter's Little Liver Pills", they're everywhere on the road, and I am tired of looking at mine drive by!

I like the idea of sporty and fancy. Dynamic takes the guesswork out of choosing the options. I'll look at "Howard Orloff Land Rover/Volvo/Jaguar on Paulina St in Chicago" website and see what they might have!
Old 02-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
mryan55

Yep... I enjoyed that it was different as well. I have no connection with their dealership other than being a happy customer!

For something a little bigger and just as unique, the Discovery Sport should be out later this year. Not sure on pricing, but the Evoque wins the looks battle!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:14 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
DCX, if you feel any need to move this to AREA 51, feel free!
No worries - it's great to see some activity of the forum that all our members/guests can see.

For those of us who couldn't quite envision what a Range Rover Evoque looked like, here's a picture:

XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
tnpartsguy

Default coupe

I think the 2 door "coupe" version is MUCH better looking piece, especially with the full-glass roof....
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #7
mryan55

Also... I forgot that the Evoque has moved over to the same ZF 9 speed that Fiat-Chrysler uses in the Cherokee, Renegade and 200. My 2013 only had a 6 speed, but if the 9 speed has helped the way it has in our FCA products, fuel economy should be a reasonable amount better than on my 2013.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
57years

thanks, 2014 it is...!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #9
mryan55

I have had a few Chrysler 200 rentals with the 9 speed -- it's a pretty good transmission. On the Chrysler applications we have had some teething issues with them that usually pop up in the first 500-2,000 miles.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:52 PM   #10
mryan55

Any luck in the search for an Evoque yet?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #11
57years

No, my wife decided on a particular color, and that cut down the number of 2014 units available. I am pretty particular about the money end, after all, everything was wholesaled to me for 45 years. I am not about to pay top retail. Looked at a Prestige, as you know not my desired unit, not quite sure how different it really is from Dynamic, since I don't care about the "black-out" wheel treatment. Comment bout the difference? Love to hear it...!
Old 03-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #12
mryan55

The one thing I have noticed as a Land Rover customer is that dealers are in love -- at least price wise -- with their late model used and loaner units. I don't claim to be an Evoque expert of any sort other than as a happy customer.

I was actually shopping for a retired service loaner Jaguar XF when I jokingly asked about an Evoque... Orloff LR informed me that they had three Evoque loaners that were about to be downed with 1,000 to 2,000 miles on them... $3,000 under MSRP, never titled. All told, compared to what I was finding used 2012s for at that point, $3,000 under MSRP for a 1,000 mile loaner didn't seem too bad to me. Did have a little ding on one of the wheels, but I got it fixed locally for $60.

I think the upgraded dash pad, interior and Oxford leather comes in the Prestige, so other than some of the trim bits I don't think the Dynamic is that different. Both have extensive options lists that can easily jack the price up. I am always amazed how many high end Evoques are sold when it almost overlaps with the LR4 the old Range Rover Sport... with the new RR Sport starting ca $70k there's a little more room there.

I do know that LR enforces 'trade zones' where the dealer cannot sell outside their trade zone. This doesn't impact the Jaguar side of the family, but it helps explain why so many LR dealers have a ton of cars in demo service... better to get the on a loaner than have to explain why they can't sell new to a customer out of state.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I do know that LR enforces 'trade zones' where the dealer cannot sell outside their trade zone. This doesn't impact the Jaguar side of the family, but it helps explain why so many LR dealers have a ton of cars in demo service... better to get the on a loaner than have to explain why they can't sell new to a customer out of state.
Wow, that's very interesting.

Wouldn't the Feds see that as a "Restraint of Trade" issue and force Land Rover to eliminate their trade zones?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #14
mryan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Wow, that's very interesting.

Wouldn't the Feds see that as a "Restraint of Trade" issue and force Land Rover to eliminate their trade zones?
I would think so... I have only heard of this occasionally, and not from every LR dealer... so I'd imagine that it's usually ignored. Of course, some of the smaller Land Rover stores have almost every new vehicle in stock in some type of loaner or demo service so that they can sell them far and wide.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #15
57years

I don't know how it happened but the last three posts did not show up as new posts. I wanted to go to Orloff's site and look over his offerings. Interestingly there are 2-2015 units listed, one being an Evoque. (Frankly, I was struck by the idea someone would buy a $160,000 Land Rover Range Rover!) I suspect they are both house owned for the reasons you mentioned. I am sorry I was unable to thank you for the comparisons on the Evoque models. I am still looking for the "prefect" match Evoque!