Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by txflyer View Post
we were silver (almost gold) 1st quarter, barely silver 2nd quarter, and now we won't even make bronze. What a load of bs.
yep... That is us as well !!!!!

9 Mystery shoppers this week....

I guess they keep sending them until you screw up

They are worth 165 points on Dlr standards..
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #17
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
yep... That is us as well !!!!!

9 Mystery shoppers this week....

I guess they keep sending them until you screw up

They are worth 165 points on Dlr standards..
All kidding aside, I think you are on to something there. That seems to be the M.O. After busting our a$$ and not even hitting bronze this go round, I'm tempted to tell the next mystery shopper to kiss my rear end.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
All kidding aside, I think you are on to something there. That seems to be the M.O. After busting our a$$ and not even hitting bronze this go round, I'm tempted to tell the next mystery shopper to kiss my rear end.
That does make sense and probably explains why some dealers get more mystery shops than others. If I were running SGS and already had enough "dirt" on a dealer to score him/her at zero, why would I incur any additional expense with additional mystery shops?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCJ View Post
Just got off a webinar and the Chrysler trainer said around 60% of the dealer body got paid the first quarter, around 75% the second quarter but only 35% for the 3rd quarter!
Did anyone else happen to watch this webinar or hear similar results?

The numbers seem to match what our members have experienced.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #20
dealer3100

made gold the 1st 2 quarters, but only bronze the 3rd quarter. We missed 50 points and silver by not having the right front fascia to the building. SOOOO, i received my estimate for their "new" arch. They architect/ company only want $150,861. By the way, I do have an arch, the showroom is 5 years old, it is not made of the "right" material.
dealer3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer3100 View Post
We missed 50 points and silver by not having the right front fascia to the building. SOOOO, i received my estimate for their "new" arch. They architect/ company only want $150,861. By the way, I do have an arch, the showroom is 5 years old, it is not made of the "right" material.
In my opinion, this is one of the major problems with Dealer Standards and why the program has the potential to drive dealers insane. How is it possible a five year old facility could be non-conforming? What other OEM would do that to their dealers?

Will spending $150K to replace your old arch with a new arch help you sell any additional cars or increase Chrysler's market share? It's simply insane.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
In my opinion, this is one of the major problems with Dealer Standards and why the program has the potential to drive dealers insane. How is it possible a five year old facility could be non-conforming? What other OEM would do that to their dealers?

Will spending $150K to replace your old arch with a new arch help you sell any additional cars or increase Chrysler's market share? It's simply insane.
The short answer to why they do things like this is OPM..."other people's money"...the executives in charge of these programs have never actually ran a private business, where they had their own money invested and at risk. They are locked in to the corporate mentality, where all their salaries, benefits and perks are paid for by the shareholders and bondholders. They are not dependent on being profitable in order to get their compensation. At the upper management levels, they are being paid large salaries to come up with programs they can point to and show how they are thinking "out of the box" and "remaking the company", when reporting to the Auto Task Force and justifying their continued support. In a way, you can't really blame them for thinking that way...they look at the past and see guys like Eaton & Nardelli, who were in charge while the company went from the most profitable per unit automaker in the world, into bankruptcy, in 10 years, and walked away with severance packages over $100 million. Given what they have seen, why would they worry about a little thing like "profit" or "cost effectiveness". In their world, asking a dealer to spend $150K because the Dealer Standards program that THEY designed specifies another type of arch material makes perfect sense to them....whether or not it sells any more cars is immaterial to them.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #23
ssdd

I have long said that if every Chrysler executive had to work for one year in a dealership the company would be a huge success, they just don't realize that we pay their salaries...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #24
Txflyer

Has anyone else opted out of this program. I'm ready . . . . . way to much hassle and now no reward. Looks like until we build a new arch building, install a playroom, etc that we won't be able to get sqat. I figure if we opt out at least we will be spared all the stupid mystery shops.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #25
LJS

Quote:
Has anyone else opted out of this program. I'm ready . . . . . way to much hassle and now no reward. Looks like until we build a new arch building, install a playroom, etc that we won't be able to get sqat. I figure if we opt out at least we will be spared all the stupid mystery shops.
I haven't, but I am right there with you. We are from the same kind of store in the same kind of town(I think). My father and I have all ready talked and we are not building the arch. The heck with it.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #26
s32741bb

What a Joke already!!!!
s32741bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #27
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I think more dealers will consider opting out if they determine there's no way they can hit Gold or Silver because of facility issues, their decision not to buy the showroom display package, etc.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #28
XDCX
Administrator

Default Wes Lutz gets docked for non-conforming arch on 1 year old building

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer3100 View Post
By the way, I do have an arch, the showroom is 5 years old, it is not made of the "right" material.
I thought of this post when I read the story in Automotive News reporting the recent changes to Dealer Standards.

I think dealer Wes Lutz from Jackson, MI has you beat - he got docked 20 points for having the wrong arch and his building was approved by the BC when he built it 12 months ago.

A building that's only a year old and the dealer gets docked for having a non-conforming arch.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #29
FixedOpsGuy

Default Orlando Meeting for parts and service managers regarding Dealer Standards

There's a mandatory meeting on November 18th for all parts and service managers in the SEBC in Orlando regarding Dealer Standards. Frank Lasater, Robert Clark, George Scordo, John Moore and the DOMs for the area will be present.

I can't wait.

Below is a copy of the invite...

Attention: All Dealers, Service Managers and Parts Managers

Subject: Dealer Standards Requirements - Fourth Quarter Requirements

Training and Update Business Meeting for ALL SERVICE and PARTS MANAGERS

Gentlemen,

Since our last meeting you have been through Validations, Reviews, Upgrades and so much more relating to Dealer
Standards and the components within Dealer Standards. And there are still questions like, Why didn't I receive points
here or there, We made these changes and did not get points, How do I receive points in this area or that area. and
other such questions relating to Facility and After Sales Processes.

As your Area Managers we feel that it is important enough that we meet together in the 4th Quarter to Review, Discuss and
Assist You in Maximizing Points, Achieving all of your Management and Technical Training Requirements and Improving
Your Customer Promoter Scores.

Do you know what the requirements are for the 4th Quarter? Our guess is that may be unclear and have questions about
these requirements and, by now, you understand the significant impact not achieving your departmental goals has on the
Dealer Standards Quarterly Rewards.

As your Area Managers we want each and every one of you to be PERFECTLY CLEAR as to what you will need to do
in the Fourth Quarter. So we are once again we are hosting a Dealer Standards Update Meeting. We are inviting you
and your Parts Manager to attend this meeting because you are the "After Sales" Management Team.
So to assist each of you and us in understanding JUST WHAT IS REQUIRED for the Fourth Quarter the Area Managers
in Orlando, Tampa, Daytona will host this Quarters Meeting to assist you and us understand what is required of YOUR
DEALERSHIP After Sales Team.

Below are the Meeting Details:

Date: November 18, 2010
Place: Southeast Business Center
10300 Boggy Creek Road
Orlando, Florida 32824
Room: Main Conference Room
Time: 10:30 am to 3:00 PM
NOTE: Light Lunch will be served at 12:00 PM

Invited Meeting Guests:

Frank Lasater - Manager Service and Parts Operations - SEBC
Robert Clark - Dealer Standards Coordinator - SEBC
George Scordo - Dealer Standards Trainer - Regional Trainer
John Moore - Customer Relations and Warranty Administration Manager
And MORE.............................................. ...................

The majority of our time will be spent guiding you all through the Quarterly Dealer Standards and Training
Requirements. Again, our intent is to leave plenty of time for Q & A and we be available for individual discussions.

In addition, the Southeast Business Center and Mopar has launched some significant Service and Parts Initiatives
that we would like to discuss with you as a Service and Parts Team. These initiatives will impact your departmental
gross profits we want each of you to see what we are doing for you and we want each of you to be a participant and
reap the benefits of each of these initiatives.

Finally, please contact your Area Manager via phone or e-mail on or before Tuesday, November 16, 2010,
with your commitment to attend this meeting. We need to know exactly how many will be at the meeting so that
we can have the proper number of hand-outs and food for lunch. Any questions regarding the meeting should
be directed to your local Area Manager.
FixedOpsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #30
possum

Sounds like the bottom line will be the "opportunity" to buy parts!
possum is offline   Reply With Quote