Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Service

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefo65 View Post
Not saying capturing as many "field actions" as possible isn't a good thing,..the moving target with the unknown required percentage is the part that is upsetting.
That's the part that would drive me crazy too. I hate it when OEMs change the rules in the middle of the program or fail to provide you the full program rules when they launch a new program. (A Chrysler exec, I think it was Landry, made the analogy that their new Dealer Standards program was like building a plane that's in flight since they were still adding elements to the program after it launched.)

Quote:
Trust me,..when they release their numbers few if any will achieve it.
I hope you're wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
jefo65

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post

I hope you're wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.
Supporting my claim/fears we're once again being to set up to fail and the good General has their thumb very much on the scale,...I checked our "Field Action Closure Rate" percentage this morning. In a 2 week period it fell from 79.7% to 33.3% . Now mind you, this is a 6 month rolling number effective June 1st. Do the math man,....my service department would most likely have to write 478,255 repair orders and not capture a single Field Action in 10 days (not really, just making a point) to drive a 6 month average down that much in a 2 week period. I strongly encourage all of you to keep an eye on your reports, print them weekly and hang on to them like grim death,..they're up to something again,..guaranteed.
jefo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Supporting my claim/fears we're once again being to set up to fail and the good General has their thumb very much on the scale,...I checked our "Field Action Closure Rate" percentage this morning. In a 2 week period it fell from 79.7% to 33.3% . Now mind you, this is a 6 month rolling number effective June 1st. Do the math man,....my service department would most likely have to write 478,255 repair orders and not capture a single Field Action in 10 days (not really, just making a point) to drive a 6 month average down that much in a 2 week period. I strongly encourage all of you to keep an eye on your reports, print them weekly and hang on to them like grim death,..they're up to something again,..guaranteed.
Great post - thanks for sharing the infomation.

I agree that it's statitically improbable that a six month rolling average score can drop 46% with only two weeks of new data. Something's not right and all of the other GM dealers who are following their 2013 Service Elite Criteria should check their reports.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #19
zep33

Just noticing a bit of GM vagueness as far as the parts section of the criteria:

2. Dealership Parts Loyalty – 85% Rolling 12-Month Number

GM does not call any of our current reports Dealership Parts Loyalty. The 2 loyalty reports we get are "RIM Purchase Loyalty" & "Dealer Sales Loyalty"

So which one is it? Neither of them is currently based on a 12 month rolling number although the Sales loyalty is based on a 3 month rolling # while the RIM purchase loyalty is a month to month item.

If the've decided to use the RIM Purchase Loyalty % and turn that into a 12 month rolling average, that can create some serious issues as they've said again and again that there's no need to file adjustment claims to that report if you're above 90% because that's as high as you get paid for anyway. And even if you do send in these adjustment claims, the usually don't bother fixing them as it doesn't affect anything.

I've been lucky enough to be in the 90%+ every month but my numbers aren't accurate since they rarely fix the items that would make that # higher. That higher # that I should be at could come in to play somewhere down the line if we have a bad month or 2 and the those mid 90s # that should have been 100# might make a difference if they go to a 12 month average.

Of course I could be jumping the gun but it's so difficult to trust GM and anything they say.

Sent an email to my rep this morning to see if he can find out. I'll report back when I hear something.
zep33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #20
tnpartsguy

Default SameDayAdjuster

I file a claim on every single part that was an adjustment or something that I did not buy from an outside source, no matter what my percentage. They made some sort of hinkey adjustment last month, and if I hadn't done that ( I file my adjustments every Thursday through the month and on the 1st, if I can) I would have dropped under 90%, and lost a lot of $$$.

GM wants to play, I say game on .
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #21
zep33

The problem is they don't/won't make all adjustments and expect you to just drop it since you're above 90% anyway and it doesn't affect that month. I do the same thing but it's like beating a dead horse.

Last month I replied to an email from a week earlier stating they were doing all the adjustments that night. I waited a week and they were still there so my email was this:

"WTF is wrong with you people..."

I got a call about 15 minutes later apologizing and they would adjust them then. The poor guy on the other end of the phone sounded like his dog died and it still didn't happen so I ended up the month at 97.x%. It should have been 100% that month.
If this ever comes back to haunt me in any way whatsoever, I'll be starting at top of these incompetent morons and work my way down.

Don't know if you were affected by the Chopper bankruptcy last week but we were big time. We had to pick up a lot of parts, use our WD everyday, CSO3 a bunch of stuff and they put out a bulletin telling us to do whatever we had to do and all those parts that had RIM recommendations would be automatically removed. Of course they're all still there on the report.

The also raped us in CSO charges by overcharging by 4 and 5 pounds for every part we overnighted. Paid over $450 in overnight fees in parts we never should have had to overnight to begin with. Was told in a phone call by the Philly plant manager that they "feel confident" we will be reimbursed for all those overnight charges. I can see me spending hours over the next month trying to fight for that.

GM - We're not happy until you're not happy. - They must be some really happy m'f'ers
Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep33 View Post
The problem is they don't/won't make all adjustments and expect you to just drop it since you're above 90% anyway and it doesn't affect that month. I do the same thing but it's like beating a dead horse.
Is that GM's official policy or has that just been your experience?

I follow your point that if GM fails to make corrections when you're above 90% it could come back and hurt you if you fall below 90%

Quote:
Don't know if you were affected by the Chopper bankruptcy last week but we were big time.
I'm out of the loop - was Chopper an AC Delco Distributor/Wholesaler?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
tnpartsguy

Only arguments I've ever gotten was over Oil Filters on a QPO order that I never received, otherwise they've approved every request, no matter the dollar amount or how high my percentage is.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #24
zep33

Chopper was GM's delivery company in the northeast out of the Philly PDC. They also came out of the Martinsburg PDC. They filed chapter 11 on Oct 4th but they and GM assured us everything would continue as normal. However, on October 11th they went to the court to get funding for payroll and fuel and were turned down, shutting them completely down. GM had no contigency plan in place to make sure deliveries still happened so for the last couple weeks, we've been heavily screwed to say the least.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
zep33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post

Only arguments I've ever gotten was over Oil Filters on a QPO order that I never received, otherwise they've approved every request, no matter the dollar amount or how high my percentage is.
They've always said they would take care of them but every month there's usually a few that end up not taken care of

The only part they refused to remove was a SAAB 97x hub that shares the same # as a Yukon hub. the SAAB was here and needed 2 but RIM only supplies us with 1 so I bought it from the WD and it showed up on the report. I fought it tooth and nail and after they denied my claim, I went to the DFOAB about it. Got a call 3 weeks later, (too late to do anything about the month it was posted to) argued up and down with the guy about how frigging ridiculous that either one of us needed to even discuss this stupid event. He ended up retreating with an "I owe you one"

Last edited by zep33; 10-25-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
zep33

Today, GM put out this bulletin:

"As a follow-up to GM Message G_0000177324, sent Friday, October 18, regarding the Philadelphia and Martinsburg PDCs, normal shipments will resume Monday, October 28.As a result, we will resume normal processing for Same Day Repair (SDR) RIM recommended Service Lane Parts on Wednesday, October 30. No action is required on your part. Any Non-RIM recommended Service Lane Part orders with a corresponding demand (sale) from October 15 through Tuesday, October 29, will be automatically adjusted out of your October RIM Purchase Loyalty Detail Report calculation. Please note, all RIM recommended Service Lane Parts that are ordered outside of RIM on Wednesday, October 30, will appear as Non-RIM Quantities and Dollars on your RIM Purchase Loyalty Detail Report."

There's one sentence in there that disturbed me so I created a new DFOAB issue about it: issue # 2293

"They way I am reading this update is that from October 15th through October 29th all our SLP parts purchased outside of RIM WILL count against us if there was no corresponding sale. So, if I am understanding this correctly, we were not allowed to restock our shelves with daily items so we would have them if the need arises. We were supposed to completely run out of filters, brake pads and rotors in the hopes that we would not need them? You have got to be kidding me. So everything that we bought and didnt actually sell during this 2 week period will count against us - WOW "

BTW, this stuff has nothing to do with this Certified Elite thread. maybe you'd want to move it? Sorry to hijack this thread
Old 10-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #27
jefo65

Quote:

BTW, this stuff has nothing to do with this Certified Elite thread. maybe you'd want to move it? Sorry to hijack this thread

No need to be sorry, your staying with the theme I started out with,...."trust them not!"

Sounds like your definately doing an above average job tracking your stores performance, keep on em man,..if everyone on our positions called B/S everytime we stumbled across it, maybe they'd realize people are actually watching. Unfortunately they still have the bat, the ball and the field and it's their rules, right or wrong. Personally I do enjoy making em back pedal though! LOL
jefo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
zep33

Well, my rep finally got back to me with the answer I was dreading to hear: #2 will be based on the SLP purchase loyalty:

Here are my 3 emails to my rep about this - all 3 sent while he just "thought" it would be based on the SLP purchase loyalty and before he confirmed it

I really hope that's not the case as it's been in bulletins recommending dealerships to not go after every little part that counts against you if it's not going to drop you below 90%. Won't really affect me but if this turns into a rolling 12 month percentage, there's going to be a vocal crowd. There will be dealers that made 90.7 % on some months and 70 on others and that will end up keeping them out of Certified Elite. The SLP program has been a one month at a time program and needs to stay that way.

Actually, if you look at a rolling average of my last 6 months since there were a couple freebie months in there and on one month, we bought a lot from the WD because we were told we could... 95.87 + 44.82 + 95.96 + 98.22 + 98.13 + 97.80 = an average of 88.46 %

Not a good plan if that's where they're going with it.

Not to mention they can't go to a rolling 12 month average in January when the program started in April - there won't be 12 months to average at the beginning..

Also, this program still has way too many flaws. In September, We should have been 100% and spent much time emailing back and forth with the samedayadjuster and was told all our issues would be fixed - and they were not. They did get the ones I was complaining about earlier in the month removed but not the ones late in the month that we couldn't even see because they shut the report down. They do not get the 10% leeway - they need to be 100%. The 10% is for us to play with, not GM's same day adjusters.

Here are the parts that counted against us and caused us to end up at 97.8% (still a great % but over 12 months, if it's not a perfect system - and it's far from it, these little percentage points can and will make a difference:

11588468 bolts - 5 counted against us for $12.65 - all received on CSO ON 9/26
15883323 switch - 1 counted against for $119.72 - received via CSO on 9/30
15908915 filters - 4 counted against for $80.52 due to a supercession - all ordered via RIM but still counted against
25715934 link - 1 counted against for $12.23 - received 9/26 on CSO
25798271filter - 4 counted against for $71.44 - received on 9/26 on CSO
97364968 glow plug - 1 counted against $18.47 - received on 9/26 on CSO

This was a total amount of $315 that should not have been on the report and since they are all CSO orders, I shouldn't have had to lift a finger to have them come off the report - it's supposed to be automatic. I can only imagine how far off the larger dealers are from what their percentages should be. Again, there is no way they can turn this into a 12 month average until they are 100% accurate in their data extraction and I don't see that ever happening. They still don't know how to deal with superceded parts 7 months into this program.

Another issue needing to be addressed is the question of what happened during the free months at the beginning of the program? None of those percentages were accurate and they didn't even know how to attempt to fix those things back then - hence the free months. My 44% month was on purpose. The other months, I stayed in the mid 90s while I didn't have to. So if they subtract those 3 months and start this rolling average in July, how can they have a 12 month rolling average for this coming January?

Please pass this on to the powers that be

Last edited by zep33; 10-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #29
zep33

Well, we must be doing something right - We got our letter Friday

We made Certified Elite again