Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #16
TNtech

No thanks. Too much integrated spyware.
TNtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #17
tnpartsguy

I rolled WIN10 back off my personal laptop. My desktop (personal) is new, and doesn't offer that option, or I would roll it back too.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
I rolled WIN10 back off my personal laptop. My desktop (personal) is new, and doesn't offer that option, or I would roll it back too.
If I can ask, what was the primary reason you decided to uninstall Windows 10?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
mryan55

I upgraded my vintage Surface Pro to Windows 10 and have been enjoying.

I decided the relegate the Surface Pro to backup duty not though (since the screen is only 11" and the "Type Cover" keyboard doesn't provide as much tactile feedback as a regular keyboard)... I replaced it with a Surface Book, so for me Windows 10 is the only option on that machine. On my original install of Windows 10 I didn't set up any of the features that are new to Windows 10, so in many ways I didn't get the full experience.

This go around, I set up the email client, news reader, sports reader, and many of the other 'baked in' apps... the experience is pretty nice. It's about as close to Mac OS that we will ever see on a Windows machine.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:55 AM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
This go around, I set up the email client, news reader, sports reader, and many of the other 'baked in' apps... the experience is pretty nice. It's about as close to Mac OS that we will ever see on a Windows machine.
I haven't decided if I want to use Microsoft's Edge or Google's Chrome for my new browser. I've always used Internet Explorer in the past and figured I'd just transition to Edge but then part of me thinks I'm pretty heavily invested in Android and Chrome is the most popular browser with almost 50% market share.

When I was setting up Windows 10 I was tempted to integrate my phone since they have an Android offering but once I looked into the details I figured that most of what they offered I already had with Google/Android.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #21
mryan55

Most of the tools are duplicated between MS and Android. I'm doing a test run for the next few weeks (maybe it will become indefinite if I like it) where I moved my cloud storage and photo backup over to OneDrive to give it a try. So far so good.

Edge is a good browser. But I am also fine with Chrome based on being an Android user. I have been favoring Edge on the new machine but Chrome on my older ones. My Windows 7 work computer (still hanging in after 5 years) is happily using Chrome.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #22
tnpartsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
If I can ask, what was the primary reason you decided to uninstall Windows 10?
Couldn't function. The desktop that I had set-up was gone, as was my productivity.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
Couldn't function. The desktop that I had set-up was gone, as was my productivity.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still testing our Windows 10 on my secondary laptop and I'm undecided if I'll add it to my primary laptop.

I did think it was interesting that there were news reports this weekend indicating the new chips from Intel, AMD and Qualcomm will only support Windows 10 - that's a new twist on the old compatibility issues of the past.