Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
John Schutz

Default Chrysler Dealer ponders his future....

fellow dealers, It is with saddness thT ANOTHER ONE OF US GOES BY THE WAYSIDE. mY GRAND FATHER FOUNDED OUR BUSINESS IN 1925. WE HAD fORD, wILLYS kNIGHT dESOTO, pLYMOUTH AND NOW cHRYSLER, dODGE AND jEEP. i STARTED IN THE BUSINESS MAKING $.25 PER HR Huling out the garbage andfilling the po mCHINE. ZI WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING EXCEPT HAVING MY LOVED ONES BACK. I BECAME DEALER IN 1986, UNFORTUNtley through attrition. After working 50-70 hours per week, I got burned out. I took on pRTNERS IN 2007.. tHEY REALLY GOT NEW CAR SALES UP AND WE DID'NT GET WACKED BY cHRYSLER.. bUT THEY DID RUN THE DEALERSHIP INTO A DITCH.. sIGNED A 84 MONTH CONTRACT WITH rEYNOLDS & rEYNOLDS AT $10-11000 A MONTH. ALL SORTS OF BAD THINGS WHEN i HAD SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS IN 2010..(QUADRUPLE BYPASS SURGERY AND THEN A STROKE). iT WAS FULL SPEED AHEAD WHEN i WAS DOWN. aS i RECOVERED AND STARTED FINDING GROSS MIS MANGEMENT iT WAS VERY EASY TO FORCLOSE ON THEM WHEN THEY MIAAED A NOTE PAYMENT.. i Hve been well rested and a very good attitude throgh everythig. and with God's will I shall over come.. hE KEPT ME round last year to see our first grandchild
John Schutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schutz View Post
fellow dealers, It is with saddness thT ANOTHER ONE OF US GOES BY THE WAYSIDE. mY GRAND FATHER FOUNDED OUR BUSINESS IN 1925. WE HAD fORD, wILLYS kNIGHT dESOTO, pLYMOUTH AND NOW cHRYSLER, dODGE AND jEEP. i STARTED IN THE BUSINESS MAKING $.25 PER HR Huling out the garbage andfilling the po mCHINE. ZI WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING EXCEPT HAVING MY LOVED ONES BACK. I BECAME DEALER IN 1986, UNFORTUNtley through attrition. After working 50-70 hours per week, I got burned out. I took on pRTNERS IN 2007.. tHEY REALLY GOT NEW CAR SALES UP AND WE DID'NT GET WACKED BY cHRYSLER.. bUT THEY DID RUN THE DEALERSHIP INTO A DITCH.. sIGNED A 84 MONTH CONTRACT WITH rEYNOLDS & rEYNOLDS AT $10-11000 A MONTH. ALL SORTS OF BAD THINGS WHEN i HAD SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS IN 2010..(QUADRUPLE BYPASS SURGERY AND THEN A STROKE). iT WAS FULL SPEED AHEAD WHEN i WAS DOWN. aS i RECOVERED AND STARTED FINDING GROSS MIS MANGEMENT iT WAS VERY EASY TO FORCLOSE ON THEM WHEN THEY MIAAED A NOTE PAYMENT.. i Hve been well rested and a very good attitude throgh everythig. and with God's will I shall over come.. hE KEPT ME round last year to see our first grandchild
Please take care of yourself and family John, because thats what really matters. The guys that took advantage of you will eventually get what they deserve. You are in my prayers.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
rd3311

There are thousands of people who now look at the Pentastar through their rearview mirror.

I can definitely say I am happy to be one of thousands. What has transpired with
Chrysler during the past twenty years could be viewed as immoral.

Last edited by rd3311; 04-11-2011 at 05:55 AM.
rd3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
57years

Mr. Schutz, I feel your anger, frustration, and sadness. My first Grandchild arrived 3 days before GM left. I got the best of the deal! Family and health is what matters, wave goodbuy to the A** Kissers who want to stand on your shoulders to move up the line!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
79LilRedExpress

John,

Good luck and best wishes in the future.

Take with you your knowledge and respect that you have obtained in the many adventures that the car business has provided.

You can tell many stories to your grand children about how you were in the best industry, in our industry's best times.

You have many friends... and now you will have the time to enjoy them.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Default Chrysler Dealer ponders his future....

John,

I wanted to create a new thread for your post and I'll move the posts from our members who responded to your message.

Like the others, I'm concerned about your health and echo Steve's comments that the most important thing you can do right now is to take care of yourself and your family.

Have you made the decision to close down or is there still an option to keep the store open? Although the forum is still small there's a great group of people here and it's possible one of our members knows someone who can help you weather this storm. I know you've had a bad experience with adding partners, but it doesn't always have to turn out that way.

Regardless, whatever you decide we're here for you. Please let me know if you want me to move this thread to AREA 51 and please let us know if you think there is anything the members here can do to support you.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
John Schutz

I wrote to help all of us to understand the dangers of having a bad partner. am still open and I will overcome the evil. It is important to hVE A GOOD ATTITUDE. iT IS US SMALL TOWN DEALERS THAT ARE GOOD STEAWARDS OF OUUR COMMUNITIES.. tHnka to LL

jOHN
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I wrote to help all of us to understand the dangers of having a bad partner. am still open and I will overcome the evil. It is important to hVE A GOOD ATTITUDE. iT IS US SMALL TOWN DEALERS THAT ARE GOOD STEAWARDS OF OUUR COMMUNITIES.. tHnka to LL

jOHN
Thanks for the update and I'm happy to hear you're still open and plan to overcome the challenges associated with having a business partner who failed to run the dealership correctly.
Now my only question is whether there's a problem with your keyboard orif you've been posting on the forum after having a few adult beverages?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Now my only question is whether there's a problem with your keyboard orif you've been posting on the forum after having a few adult beverages?
John, I think I owe you an apology.

It was brought to my attention by one of our members that the inconsistent text in your posts is likely the result of your recent stroke. I feel about two inches tall.....

Please accept my apology. The possibility your inconsistent text could be due to your recent stroke never even occurred to me. My comment was ignorant and I'm sorry.

Thanks for being part of the forum and please feel free to post here anytime you'd like. I'd also like to express my gratitude to the member who sent me the PM and advised me I was off-base.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #10
chryslersrt8

I've known John for most of our lives. His grandfather & my grandfather were friends, and his father & uncle were my dad's friends. He went through a lot health-wise last year and that he is able to resume a normal life is amazing in itself. Regretfully, the person he had as a business partner the last few years almost destroyed his business and reputation. That he has been able to move forward and resume business operations and correct the collateral damage done by his ex-partner speaks volume's about him as a man.

I'm glad that you, XDX, apologized to him for his typing skills.

But Chrysler still does not give a damn or get it. His sales rep was suppose to be at his dealership on 1 day for the premier event. No show, no call, no apology. The next time she arrived with DOM (or whatever they are called these days) he was more interested in texting and responding to texts rather than give John his attention. Spent almost the entire time head down looking at his "Crackberry"! Why don't reps understand the idea of courtesy and respect?

If 1 of your employees would have done that while with a customer what would you do?
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
possum

Treat SGS that way, and see the results.
Johns' story makes me just want to try even harder.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Treat SGS that way, and see the results.
Johns' story makes me just want to try even harder.
X-2!

More Power to you John!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #13
John Schutz

No apology needed. I just get so cranked up I forget to proof read. so mNY DECISIONS TO MAKE.

mY BEST TO ALL,

jOHN
Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #14
ghostrider
Banned

John,
God bless you. My long term x employer allowed a GM buy into his business and run the day to day. The guy ran it into the ground. A 35 year old family dealership now closed and about 90 great employees lost their jobs and the owner lost his business. I am so shocked on how many creeps (I am trying to be nice) are in this business. These creeps have worked all over town and keep getting jobs no matter what they were fired for from their last job. I could go on and on about this issue in my area, Im sure you folks have similar stories.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
No apology needed. I just get so cranked up I forget to proof read. so mNY DECISIONS TO MAKE.

mY BEST TO ALL,

jOHN
Thanks for the post.