Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Dealership for sale with ZERO Blue Sky

I was reading through Automotive News the other night when I noticed that there's a Pontiac/Buick/GMC Dealership for sale in Tennessee with ZERO Blue Sky. Simply buy the parts and the assets and it's yours.....

I remember back in the "dot-com" days that almost any dealership with a Brand-Sign was worth at least $1 Million in Blue Sky. Dealerships were in demand - the public companies were buying stores and venture capital firms were investing in dealerships hoping to develop a revolutionary Internet Buying System.

Well, it's ten years later and the public companies are selling off some of their stores. The venture capital firms have gone away and the revolutionary Internet Buying System is still on the drawing board.

In light of the current economy and $4.50/gallon gasoline I bet that there are hundreds if not thousands of Dealer Principals that would be willing to "walk-away" for a ZERO Blue Sky/Assets Only sale.

I wonder what the car business will look like ten years from now?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Front Page Story on Automotive News....

I had to smile when I was catching up on some back-issues of Automotive News that one of their Front Page Headline stories was about the diminished value of "Blue Sky" for domestic dealerships.

Just remember, you read about it first at DealershipForum.com.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote