Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business This is the place where it happens

Old 08-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Hire a former Factory Auditor to review your store....

I was reading through the classified ads of Automotive News last night and saw an ad from Steve Ward, a retired Chrysler Auditor, who was offering his services to dealers. Apparently Mr. Ward is offering to review a dealer's Sales and Service operations and issue an opinion on how they would perform if they were subject to an audit.

It's an interesting idea that has some merit. Program rules are so confusing for many OEM programs I could see how dealers could be making mistakes which would cost them money if they were ever subject to an audit.

As memory serves, Chrysler used to offer a program like this for the dealers at no-charge. I think they referred to it as a "quality audit" and an auditor would review a dealer's operations but wouldn't issue any charge-backs unless it was an issue of fraud.

I don't know Steve and this isn't a commercial for his services, I just thought it was an interesting idea when I read about it in Automotive News.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Hmmm, maybe I should do the same thing with my audit experience. If anyone wants me to tell them what to do, I'm your man.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
mr4t60e

I wonder how much one gets paid to tell dealers to "bend over and grab your ankles"?
mr4t60e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #4
steve_biegler

My doctor gets paid pretty well!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Hmmm, maybe I should do the same thing with my audit experience. If anyone wants me to tell them what to do, I'm your man.
It's an interesting concept but I wonder whether someone offering this service would have to limit their audits to just one or two OEMs? As an example, what's acceptable at Chrysler may not be acceptable at Ford or Toyota.

I do think a service like the one Steve's offering provides value to Dealer Principals who run multiple locations and have to put 100% of their trust into the GM who's running the store. Additionally, it would provide value to the Dealer Principal who's doing a Buy in/Buy out and is semi-retired and no longer up to date with current OEM policies and procedures.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote