Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Angry LaSorda paid $20.7 Million in 2007 - More money than Zetsche

Although most Chrysler Dealers suffered through a miserable 2007, I'm sure that they'll take comfort knowing that Tom LaSorda was paid over $20 Million for this leadership and automotive expertise. In fact, LaSorda actually earned more that Zetsche did in 2007 - perhaps another vivid example of how badly Daimler wanted to dump its equity position in Chrysler.

In an earlier post in the Project Genesis discussion I wanted to be clear that I am not Anti-Chrysler or Anti-Factory. I still consider myself to be a "Chrysler Guy" and I really hope that the company is able to reverse its current slide and begin the recovery process.

That said, I am not cheerleader for the company either.

In my opinion, Tom LaSorda is a disaster. He may be a nice guy, but he's not a "Car Guy" and there are thousands of Chrysler Dealers across the country that are paying a price for that fact.

During his tenure, Chrysler went from having some of the best looking vehicles to some of the worse. Factory/Dealer relations dropped to an all-time low and Chrysler Dealers watched the "Blue Sky" value of their franchises whither away.

While Chrysler was in a self-created tail spin, Bob Lutz reshaped GM's product portfolio from vehicles like the Pontiac Aztec to vehicles like the Chevrolet Malibu - vehicles that customers actually want to buy.

Chrysler's last big hire from GM was Bob Eaton - we all know how that turned out. There's little question in my mind that the score is now 0 for 2.

Here's a link to the news report: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...014/business01
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Taken for a Ride....

For those that have been around long enough to remember the saga of Lee Iacocca's succession, if you haven't read the book "Taken for a Ride" you really need to go out and get a copy.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...pr_product_top

Iacocca's hatred of Lutz, (or fear that he'd be upstaged by him), has lead Chrysler on a journey that no one would have ever been able to forecast.

Where would Chrysler be today if the Chrysler's Board of Directors would have been brave enough to appoint Lutz to succeed Iacocca?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote