Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
79LilRedExpress

Default Navigation n/a on journey sxt

I cannot believe that in order to have navigation in a Journey AWD you must order a Crew model.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

That reminds me of the frustration my Dad had when he was trying to find Navigation on a 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited - about 90% of the cars he looked at didn't have Navigation and it cannot be added to the vehicle unless you want to replace the head unit.

Maybe all OEMs have this problem, but I can remember other instances in the past when Auburn Hills decided to hold an option "hostage" - limiting the option to a higher priced trim package. I often thought that Auburn Hills was so focused on trying to force the retail buyer to a higher trim package that they lost sight of the fact that many buyers just switch brands. Are Journey SXT buyers really going to spend $5K more for a Crew package to get Navigation or are they simply going to find a different brand of vehicle to buy? While the Journey's a nice vehicle, that segment is very competitive and there are a number of vehicles that a Journey customer would likely cross-shop.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
79LilRedExpress

It's probably the most difficult and confusing vehicle to price out to a customer since the Aspen/Volare days when you could get 6 different "SE" package combos on a base-custom model line.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
It's probably the most difficult and confusing vehicle to price out to a customer since the Aspen/Volare days when you could get 6 different "SE" package combos on a base-custom model line.
That's classic. I guess if a guy could survive the Aspen/Volare years everything else he experiences seems pretty easy.

Concerning this thread, I just noticed you created it in the Ford AREA 51 section. I moved it to the Chrysler AREA 51 section - is this where you want it? Can I move it to a section where Non-AREA 51 members/guests can view the thread?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
That's classic. I guess if a guy could survive the Aspen/Volare years everything else he experiences seems pretty easy.

Concerning this thread, I just noticed you created it in the Ford AREA 51 section. I moved it to the Chrysler AREA 51 section - is this where you want it? Can I move it to a section where Non-AREA 51 members/guests can view the thread?
Opps... my bad!

Ford has enough of their own problems without me adding some Chrysler distribution ones ... Thanks for correction !

No problem on moving the thread for public viewing.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
Opps... my bad!

Ford has enough of their own problems without me adding some Chrysler distribution ones ... Thanks for correction !

No problem on moving the thread for public viewing.
No problem, I'll move this thread to the general section where it will be available for public viewing. (Who knows, maybe someone from Auburn Hills will read this thread - I know someone from Auburn Hills was reading the thread on the WiAdvisor. )

Concerning Ford, interesting comment. I just read a headline yesterday about all of the problems Ford's had with their Sync system and how OEMs that are late to the game actually have an advantage. Sometimes being first isn't all it's cracked up to be.