Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
fuzzmanmatt

Default Howdy from Michigan!

Good morning folks! Matt from Michigan here. Cadillac parts guy. Been selling in the aftermarket for 8 years before coming to the dealership. I think we're one of the few that also has a Lexus store on the same property. It's a blast, I'll tell you what!
fuzzmanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

fuzzmanmatt - Welcome to DealershipForum and thanks for creating an introduction thread.

Do you handle parts for both the Cadillac store and the Lexus store or do they have separate parts operations?

If you handle both I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the strong points and weak points that each OEM has as it relates to running their parts operation.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
fuzzmanmatt

Totally separate parts departments. Back in the early 90's they were combined, but everything on both sides has changes since then, from what I hear. I know that the Lexus techs prefer getting their parts from us, since we're more friendly, but I think that's management, not manufacturer.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzmanmatt View Post
Totally separate parts departments. Back in the early 90's they were combined, but everything on both sides has changes since then, from what I hear. I know that the Lexus techs prefer getting their parts from us, since we're more friendly, but I think that's management, not manufacturer.
Thanks for the update.

I was pretty certain the Parts Departments would be separated since both OEMs offer strong franchises and would likely demand separate facilities.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
fuzzmanmatt

I'm honestly surprised that they let us even share a parking lot. Our Lexus building is bookended by our Cadillac and HUMMER buildings. HUMMER is now a Thrifty rental franchise. Probably four or five times a week, I have a Lexus customer pull into my service drive looking for Lexus service, in spite of the huge Cadillac logo on the doors and the signs pointing to Lexus service.