Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
shwngo

Default just found the Forum

Little background on me, I grew up around the car business at an Acura store that my dad managed. As soon as I got out of school i went straight to selling cars and have been in the business ever since. My whole family is in the business at different stores. I have worked for Nissan,Acura, Hyundai,Toyota,Honda and currently Kia.
I have wondered about having a forum like this to visit and chat with other people that are in the trenches, i am glad to have found it.

Last edited by shwngo; 10-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.
shwngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

shwngo - Thanks for creating an Introduction thread and Welcome to DealershipForum.

It's always great to have a new member and especially one who contributes to the forum with new posts and threads. The forum is still pretty small but there are a lot of great people here who are willing to share their knowledge and perspective.

Concerning KIA, I have a lot of respect for that franchise and their product line. Does your store have a problem getting sufficient new car inventory that most KIA stores report?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
shwngo

Yes we do. We are only limited in new car sales by inventory, same story as Hyundai if we could get more we would sell more, i have been at this Kia store since March and we have never had more than 40 cars on ground at any given point.
I suspect the west coast is getting the majority of the new car inventory.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwngo View Post
Yes we do. We are only limited in new car sales by inventory, same story as Hyundai if we could get more we would sell more, i have been at this Kia store since March and we have never had more than 40 cars on ground at any given point.
We have a couple of other KIA dealers who are active on the forum and they've expressed that getting enough inventory is one of their main frustrations.

Quote:
I suspect the west coast is getting the majority of the new car inventory.
I'm not sure where the inventory is going.

Based on what I've heard all KIA dealers across the country are struggling to get enough product and some of our members here have indicated that a lot of new product gets diverted to dealers who are opening new locations.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
shwngo

This month is a prime example. We normally sell 20-25 souls. We are only getting 8 this month. Our numbers will be off no matter how good of a job we do. It also seems Kia is forcing us to add accessories to our new cars now too. A percentage of inventory must have X Dollars in accessories added to it to meet their expectations.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
It also seems Kia is forcing us to add accessories to our new cars now too. A percentage of inventory must have X Dollars in accessories added to it to meet their expectations.
That's interesting - I wonder if that's something all KIA dealers are experiencing or whether it's a regional situation?

I'll send you a PM when I get caught up. This might be a great topic for a new thread.