Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Drawings of the 2011 Dodge Durango replacement?

I found this link while surfing Allpar this weekend, it appears to be patent drawings for the 2011 Dodge Durango replacement - click here

I have no idea if the drawings are representative of future product, but I hope they are - I really like the Ram 1500 inspired front end.

If Chrysler can replicate the success they've had with the Ram interiors and get the new Pentastar engines installed they might have a winner.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

It looks like a Dodge Journey.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
ohiobuckeyes

I was thinking that samething. A Ram mated with a Journey and got this new CUV.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
It looks like a Dodge Journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
I was thinking that samething. A Ram mated with a Journey and got this new CUV.
I agree, especially from the back end.

I think the bigger question will be how does it look compared to the new Jeep Grand Cherokee? For all the talk that Chrysler's made about the virtues of Project Genesis, it makes me wonder if they need both vehicles?

To be clear, I'm not a huge fan of Project Genesis but that's the direction Chrysler's headed.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Ralph

On one hand, project Genesis is dead till 2014 when the Lancia/Fiats replace the Avenger and Sebrings. On the other hand supposedly it was absolutely critical to the survival of the company that in 24 months ALL locations have the same buildings, facades, and brands. Lemme see....that'd be about May 2011...14 months from now.

So...by 2011 all dealerships in the land will look the same and carry...oh yeah, the Durango in a few models, the Grand Cherokee in what looks to be 3, the redesigned Avenger in it's 4-6 forms, the redesigned Sebrings in their myriad, Caravans, TC's...seems a lot of work for all that overlap considering all dealers will have to order, display and retail all these variants for the next 2 years, (2013-2014) when the new lineups arrive.

You're head spinning from this brilliant logic............mine too.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
ohiobuckeyes

Alright Gang Just passed this vehicle in the R and D stage. On a US Highway, I was on a Dealer Trade. Well it does have a Ram Front on it, could not see alot was under wraps. Also drove pass the dealership was told that when I came back. Very cool we must be getting close to intro or an major annocement (SP).

Would have gotten a pix but did not want to wreck the car I was driving.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
Txflyer

What was the overall size like? I sure wish they'd come out with a larger Sport Utility based on the Ram chassis. Since losing our Chevy franchise we've got nothing to sell our old Suburban/Tahoe customers.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
What was the overall size like? I sure wish they'd come out with a larger Sport Utility based on the Ram chassis. Since losing our Chevy franchise we've got nothing to sell our old Suburban/Tahoe customers.
This doesn't answer your question but might help. ???

The new Grand Cherokee is based off the Merc. Benz ML platform at 114" wheelbase (which matched what they just told us during the webinar last week) the new Durango (name?) is based off the GL platform at 121" wheelbase.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
SDCJ

Like the look...We need a bigger SUV/CUV with a 3rd row seat.
SDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
ohiobuckeyes

No it did not look like it had room for a third row.

Pretty Cool to pass tht vehicle the new GC a Ram and a Challenger all in that order on the road.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
The new Grand Cherokee is based off the Merc. Benz ML platform at 114" wheelbase (which matched what they just told us during the webinar last week) the new Durango (name?) is based off the GL platform at 121" wheelbase.
Thanks for the information - it's good to hear that the Durango (or whatever they call it) will be something other than just a carbon copy of the Grand Cherokee.

Hopefully it will be a three seater. I can think of a lot of families who only have two kids but they still want that extra row of seating to keep the kids from fighting on road trips.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Very cool we must be getting close to intro or an major annocement (SP).
At one point Marchionne commented that Dodge would be getting a new CUV by November. Here's the thread where we discussed it - click here

Quote:

Would have gotten a pix but did not want to wreck the car I was driving.
We understand. After all, there's nothing worse than totaling the dealer trade after you've worked hard to make your deal.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Default Updated rendering of future Dodge Durango

While there have been several photoshop images speculating what the new Dodge CUV will look like, I liked this one because it fits closely with the original drawings - click here

There's still speculation on what the name of the CUV will be with most thinking it will either be Durango or Magnum.

Concerning the rendering, I think it looks awesome.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #14
possum

The pic looks great, but I sure would not stick "Magnum" on it.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
The pic looks great, but I sure would not stick "Magnum" on it.
I agree.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Durango name and I hope they'll use it for the new CUV.

Sidenote - what makes this a CUV as opposed to a SUV? I get the impression the OEMs are no longer using the SUV term because it's been vilified by the Green-police.