Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Northwest Region > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default UW Huskies finish 0-12 ranked last in Pac-10

As a Seattle native and a UW graduate I've always been a Husky fan and looked forward to a new season of Husky Football every Fall.

With an 0-4 start to the season it's just not the same. I actually found myself rooting for Stanford this weekend. It's not that I wanted the Huskies to lose, it's that I wanted their coach to get fired. My gut tells me that the UW Administration is so weak that they'll try to keep Willingham if he can manage just a couple of victories. I'd rather the Huskies finish 0-12 if that's what it takes to get a new coach.

So what does this have to do with DealershipForum.com? It reinforces my vision for this forum.

I really felt bad about rooting for Stanford - it felt disloyal. Saturday night after the game I was surfing the Internet and read some postings on the Dawgman.com forum and realized that I wasn't alone - lots of other people felt the exact same way.

That's what I want DealershipForum.com to become - a place where car people can go and honestly express their thoughts about the car business.

It won't happen overnight but I still feel that there is a real need for this forum.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Well, let's make that 0-5 and still last in the Pac-10

Thanks to another loss this Saturday against ASU the Huskies are now off to their worse start since 1969. In 1969 the Huskies were 0-9 before they finally found a win.

Something tells me that Tyrone will manage to break that 1969 record before this season ends. In fact, a 0-12 season is not too hard to imagine.

Thankfully there's a bye next week - even Willingham can't manage to lose when there's a bye on the schedule.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Willingham was with my Irish for a while. Good luck!
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Willingham was with my Irish for a while. Good luck!
There are several posts on Dawgman.com from Notre Dame fans with an "I told you so...." type theme.

The Husky faithful are livid that Willingham is burning up Red Shirt Freshmen when there's absolutely no reason to play them. I guess he did the exact same thing at ND as his ship was sinking.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Default You've got to love a Bye Week

After five straight losses I have to admit that it was refreshing to have a Bye this week. Ty's motto should be "you can't lose if you don't play."

Sadly the bloodbath will likely restart next Saturday. The Huskies play Oregon State - the same OSU that beat #1 Ranked USC and just killed the WSU Cougars 66 - 13.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Default Another week and another Husky loss

Well the Husky retain their firm grip on last place in the Pac-10 with a loss to OSU this past Saturday.

The only positive for the game was at least the score wasn't as bad as USC's 69-0 clubbing of WSU.

Next week the Huskies have Notre Dame at home - it will be interesting to see if Notre Dame runs-up the score against their old coach.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Default Finally some good news - Willingham is history

While the Huskies loss to Notre Dame was both predictable and depressing, at least there's some good news about the program - Coach Willingham has been fired.

For some odd reason they're going to let him coach for the rest of the year, but the good news is that he's gone and the program can now officially start their search for a new head coach.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Smile My favorite picture from the Notre Dame game

Given that Willingham used to be the Head Coach at Notre Dame, this picture reveals the feelings of most Husky fans:

Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Default Another week and another Husky loss

Well you can't accuse Pete Carroll of running up the score. USC was gracious and only defeated the Huskies by a score of 56-0.

USC had complete control of the game - Pete Carroll could have scored 100+ points if he wanted to. He's a class act, I've always been impressed with the way talks about his program and the competition.

Concerning the Huskies - it looks like 0-9 is pretty likely since they're playing ASU next week.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
CL Pgh

Chin-up X-Man... they're only 14pt dogs to 2-6 Devils... it could happen... OR... at least be a close game!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Chin-up X-Man... they're only 14pt dogs to 2-6 Devils... it could happen... OR... at least be a close game!
Hey, thanks for the encouragement.....

I've actually accepted the fact that the Huskies losing each week is a good thing - that's what it took to get Willingham fired.

Now that he's history, each loss just further establishes his position as the poorest coach that the University of Washington has ever had.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Default Make that 0-9 after the Huskies lose to ASU

Wow, it's Tuesday and I still haven't updated my Husky Football thread.

The pattern continues - another Saturday and another Husky loss. This time it was to ASU - a game where the Huskies were actually in the lead for a short period of time.

Next week it's UCLA. It will be interesting to see how the Husky fans react when Rick Neuhiesel returns to Husky Stadium.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Default Make that 0-10 after the Huskies lose to UCLA

Well it was another Saturday and another loss for the Washington Huskies.

This time the loss was to UCLA. It was an opportunity for Rick Neuhiesel to come back to Husky Stadium and win another game.

For the record, it has been over a year since the Huskies won their last football game.

This is what Failure looks like when your fans have given up

Next year will bring a new coach and hope for a better season next year.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Default Make that 0 - 11 after the Huslies lose to WSU

I realized that I hadn't updated this thread and it's already Wednesday.

Not surprisingly, the UW Huskies played last Saturday and they lost - this is a pattern that has repeated itself for over a year now.

Sadly, the Huskies managed to lose to the only team they had a chance to beat - Washington State University. The Huskies were actually favored to win by 7 and still managed to lose.

At one point in the broadcast they showed that UW and WSU were ranked 117 and 118th in Division 1 for Total Offense. That's really pathetic when you consider that there are only 119 Division 1 schools.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Default Make that 0 - 12 after the Huskies lose to Cal

Well, the Huskies managed to have a perfect season - they lost ALL of their games.

2008 has been a wonderful year for me so far - the stock market crashed, the Huskies lost ALL of their games and Chrysler is in a tailspin of historic proportions.

The good news is that the Huskies have a new coach and 2009 is less than three weeks away.