Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 01-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Default Design contest for a new logo...

Here's a link to a design contest I'm sponsoring to update the DealershipForum.com logo - click here

If you have any thoughts/opinions on the various submissions please feel free to chime in.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #17
jayhawk

after all the work you've put in on this for us, as always, I hope you can find a way to monotize the site. what ever you decide, we all wish you the best.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
after all the work you've put in on this for us, as always, I hope you can find a way to monotize the site. what ever you decide, we all wish you the best.
Thanks for the good wishes.

I remember when the forum was busy back in 2008 - 2009 that it served as a great place to exchange information in what proved to be very uncertain times. It was also a fun place to hang out since many of our members have a great sense of humor and there was no shortage of material to make fun of.

When I look at the market today I still think there's a need for a place where Dealers and their employees can share information.

Concerning revenue, we'll see what happens. After the thread we had about Dealers who buy/sell new car inventory I think there might be something there that's worth pursuing.

I'm also thinking about a database of Dealers who are willing to do Courtesy Deliveries and Drop Ships. Given the insanity associated with stair-step programs I think Dealers might be interested in knowing what markets they might be able to easily sell a car.

As an example, if you had to cheap-sell a vehicle to hit a stair-step target would you rather sell it to your Aunt Elma in Ottumwa, IA or some old car guy in your market who will brag to all of his friends about the great deal he got and how he beat you down on price...
Old 01-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Here's a link to a design contest I'm sponsoring to update the DealershipForum.com logo - click here

If you have any thoughts/opinions on the various submissions please feel free to chime in.
Well the contest is over and I'm pleased with the number of submissions I received.

Here's a link to page two of the thread - click here

At this point the winner is between post #30 and post #31 and I'm leaning toward post #31. (I think I like the design from post #31 but the colors from post #30.)

If you have any input, please feel free to chime it. I will announce and pay the winner in within the next 23 hours.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #20
mryan55

Interesting website. I have to say that before this post I had never heard of digitalpoint.com. Perhaps I'll make use of it for some personal projects I'm working on.

Good thing FCA has 'free' advisors who can help me with the dealership website creative though! Haha...
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Interesting website. I have to say that before this post I had never heard of digitalpoint.com. Perhaps I'll make use of it for some personal projects I'm working on.
I had never heard of the site either - I found it when I was doing some research on forums that were using Xenforo software.

I think the person who ended up with the winning design for the new DealershipForum.com logo is located in either Hungary or India. When I looked through some of the other threads I was amazed at the quality of the submissions that were being provided by people who were looking for new logos, business cards, banners, etc.

I'm not a real creative person when it comes to design/artwork so it was money well-spent to find someone who could provide me with what I was looking for.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #22
mryan55

I hear you when it comes to not being very creative. I like working on written word but when it comes to logo design and such I must say I'm painfully bad at it.

The winning design looks good. Evolutionary instead of revolutionary. If only auto designers lived by those tenets too.

Again, thanks for all of your work on the forum over the years. I was a lurker through all of the 'dark days' and only joined three years ago -- but always interesting stuff to read and ponder on here.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote