Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 03-24-2015, 07:19 AM   #16
57years

Sadly...I agree.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:41 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
SIXTH

Maybe it's recalls that have (a) no parts available, or,(b) a high skill level necessary to perform the task when training is not yet available in the area for tech's to achieve the skill level needed, or maybe (c) dealers don't want to do them all at one time because they take so long and pay so little. OR... ALL OF THE ABOVE
Great comment.

I heard from one of our members via PM that the GM Ignition Switch Recall only provides the dealership about 78 cents of Gross Profit per repair.

Being forced to deal with a lot of customers and not making any money as a result of those efforts could be taking a toll on Service Advisors and Technicians.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
It think there is a corollary to item (5);

In my experience, customers do not understand it is their decision to "BUY" a car, not the dealers. The dealer has an "OBLIGATION" to sell a car to every opportunity that presents itself. If the customer can fog a mirror, go for it.

The dealer is not running a credit clinic, to encourage a buyer not to spend more money that he can afford.

The net result...the way an buried customer gets even is to find fault in everyone but himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
The lack of personal responsibility will eventually kill our country and way of life.
Not in my lifetime but I do worry about my kids and especially my grandson, due any day now.
I totally agree - on all counts.

I remember working Lemon Law cases and there was a certain percentage where it was clear the customer was dealing with "Buyer's Remorse" and they were working the system to extract themselves out of a vehicle they wished they had never bought.

And the really manipulative customers were using the Lemon Law process to make their negative equity disappear.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Not in my lifetime but I do worry about my kids and especially my grandson, due any day now.
I'm happy to hear you have a grandson on the way - that's awesome.

Will this be your first grandchild or do you already have the distinction of being a grandfather?
Old 03-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #20
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I'm happy to hear you have a grandson on the way - that's awesome.

Will this be your first grandchild or do you already have the distinction of being a grandfather?
He will be my 1st. I'm enjoying watching my son become a Dad, one of the perks of working with your kids.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:57 AM   #21
57years

XDCA, are you going to start a "POOL" on the birthday or hour of the day SB has his new Grandbaby?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #22
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
He will be my 1st. I'm enjoying watching my son become a Dad, one of the perks of working with your kids.
That's awesome.

It's also cool that you and your son can work together - that's not something all father/son relationships can endure.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
XDCA, are you going to start a "POOL" on the birthday or hour of the day SB has his new Grandbaby?
That would be cool but I'll let Steve make the call and we'll go forward from there.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #24
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
That's awesome.

It's also cool that you and your son can work together - that's not something all father/son relationships can endure.
My Dad grew up with his Dad in the dealership, never a cross word. I grew up with my Grandfather and Dad in the dealership and there was never a cross word. I have the privilege of having my Son grow up in the dealership and work alongside him and not a cross word. I just wish my grandson could grow up in a car dealership but that was taken away. I also wish my son could have gotten to know his Grandfather like I knew mine but he passed away when my son was 7.

It really hurts me when I see a family that can't get along, it can be such a great experience. Usually greed gets in the way.

And your right X-man, its the coolest thing in the world!

Last edited by steve_biegler; 03-27-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #25
57years

Oh, "gosh", a little snipe at the "Darvish's"?

I had some of the same privileges as you, SB.

Funny, though, when my Dad brought his two brothers in the dealership in the 50's, the wives....and for the reason you mentioned!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #26
steve_biegler

Quote:
Oh, "gosh", a little snipe at the "Darvish's"?

I had some of the same privileges as you, SB.

Funny, though, when my Dad brought his two brothers in the dealership in the 50's, the wives....and for the reason you mentioned!
Hadn't thought of the Darvish's, just a few friends through the years that couldn't get along with their fathers. Most did not remember it wasn't their business yet and still belonged to their father.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #27
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
My Dad grew up with his Dad in the dealership, never a cross word. I grew up with my Grandfather and Dad in the dealership and there was never a cross word. I have the privilege of having my Son grow up in the dealership and work alongside him and not a cross word. I just wish my grandson could grow up in a car dealership but that was taken away. I also wish my son could have gotten to know his Grandfather like I knew mine but he passed away when my son was 7.

It really hurts me when I see a family that can't get along, it can be such a great experience. Usually greed gets in the way.

And your right X-man, its the coolest thing in the world!
I'm happy for you - it's great that you and your son can work together and you can watch your son grow and mature.

For my Dad and I, we have a great relationship but I could never work with him. We learned long ago that it's best for us to work on separate projects and only offer input/guidance when requested.