Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

View Poll Results: Will someone from your Dealership attend Chrysler's Orlando Dealer Meeting
Yes, it's an important meeting and I'm not concerned about the expense. 4 14.81%
Yes, while I think the cost is excessive, the meeting is too important to miss. 6 22.22%
Maybe, if the cost is lowered our Dealership will likely send someone to the meeting. 2 7.41%
No, the cost is excessive given the duration of the meeting. 11 40.74%
No, the cost is not the issue, we're just not able to send anyone to the meeting. 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Will someone from your Dealership attend the Orlando Dealer Meeting?

Will someone from your Dealership attend Chrysler's Orlando Dealer Meeting?

For the first time since he took control over 14 months ago, Sergio Marchionne will address the Chrysler Dealers and provide insight into his plans for the company and the vehicles that will soon fill the showroom floors.

Will someone from your Dealership attend Chrysler's Orlando Dealer Meeting? Please take our poll and share your opinion.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
Moparguy

You just posted a listing of what new products are coming during 2011. I guess I do not need to go to Orlando. I don't see Sergio or any of the other key corporate personel telling me anything I don't already know or havn't already heard. I will save the $2K it would have cost me to go.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
CJDman

There will be too much pressure from the BC not to go. Believe me, they remember who plays and who doesn't!
CJDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDman View Post
There will be too much pressure from the BC not to go. Believe me, they remember who plays and who doesn't!
ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!! After the meeting they'll brag about attendance... but the reality is you'll be on the chit-list big time if you're a no show. Look at the ridiculous amount of time the DM's spent calling us on the Letters for Lyrics program just so that wouldn't blow-up in their face.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Txflyer

I guess we'll be on the chit-list once again. Can't spare the $$$ or the time away from the store right now.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
79LilRedExpress

Default Why not Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
I guess we'll be on the chit-list once again. Can't spare the $$$ or the time away from the store right now.
I agree...

Would it not have looked better in the Public eye and made more sense to have it at Chrysler World HQ in Detroit???

Why have the facility and not use it ???
I'll bet most dealers have never been in the bldg

And Detroit sure needs the money more that Orlando does.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
Would it not have looked better in the Public eye and made more sense to have it at Chrysler World HQ in Detroit???

Why have the facility and not use it ???
I'll bet most dealers have never been in the bldg

And Detroit sure needs the money more that Orlando does.
Great point - why does the show need to be in Orlando when Chrysler could save money (and charge the dealers less) if they held the event in Auburn Hills? Hell, they wouldn't even need to fuel the corporate jet.

On a serious note, Chrysler has a fantastic facility in Auburn Hills that could easily accommodate this event. I think a lot of the younger GMs and Dealers who have never been to Auburn Hills would like to see Chrysler's World Headquarters and would be impressed once they saw it.

On a different note, any word on whether the DMs are attending this meeting?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
s32741bb

Looking at your Poll results at this time about 75% are not going to New Car Show in Orlando. Do you think the price will drop soon or maybe the DMs are going to hammer us soon to sign up?
s32741bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:56 AM   #9
ssdd

They will cut the price...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by s32741bb View Post
Looking at your Poll results at this time about 75% are not going to New Car Show in Orlando. Do you think the price will drop soon or maybe the DMs are going to hammer us soon to sign up?
In fairness to Chrysler, I don't think the small sample size of the poll reflects the opinion of all the Chrysler dealers. My bet is the second poll option is most reflective of the real world - "Yes, while I think the cost is excessive, the meeting is too important to miss."

We all know there's going to be pressure to attend the meeting - pressure on the dealers, pressure on the DMs and pressure on the Business Centers. In fact, I bet the pressure on the BCs will be huge - no one is going to want to be the BC Director who had the lowest percentage of dealers attending the meeting to see Marchionne.

In my opinion, people go to Orlando to party or celebrate and neither is appropriate for Chrysler at this time. In a perfect world, the meeting would be held in Auburn Hills, it would be free to attend and it would have happened a year ago.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
Txflyer

We've received no pressure here. When my rep called I told him we weren't going and why. His response was "that's what everyone else is saying".
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
The StraightShooter

Default Chrysler Dealer Meeting: Metal Detectors, Ban On Electronics

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...n-electronics/

Gee, I wonder why they feel the need to have metal detectors...?

p.s.- That is meant to be a completely humorous question. However, this has to be a first.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Smile DealershipForum was mentioned by the Wall Street Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The StraightShooter View Post
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...n-electronics/

Gee, I wonder why they feel the need to have metal detectors...?

p.s.- That is meant to be a completely humorous question. However, this has to be a first.
It's great to see DealershipForum was mentioned by the Wall Street Journal. I think it's awesome we have reporters who follow the forum to search out the truth instead of just reporting everything Auburn Hills issues in a press release.

Concerning the metal detectors, I wonder how the other OEMs prevent pictures from being taken? Maybe the other OEMs aren't as uptight regarding future product as Chrysler is?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #14
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Great point - why does the show need to be in Orlando when Chrysler could save money (and charge the dealers less) if they held the event in Auburn Hills?

On a serious note, Chrysler has a fantastic facility in Auburn Hills that could easily accommodate this event. I think a lot of the younger GMs and Dealers who have never been to Auburn Hills would like to see Chrysler's World Headquarters and would be impressed once they saw it.
Chrysler's states in the "Blog"

Chrysler spokesman Ralph Kisel said " the Auburn Hills headquarters doesn’t have the facilities to accommodate a large turnout."

things the make you do hmmmmmm!!!

Why could Chrysler not have it at the "Walter P. Chrysler Museum" the company just had a big gala a few weeks back so we know the space can hold us dealers.

Last edited by ohiobuckeyes; 08-13-2010 at 06:19 PM.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Chrysler's states in the "Blog"

Chrysler spokesman Ralph Kisel said " the Auburn Hills headquarters doesn’t have the facilities to accommodate a large turnout."
He might be right, but I remember Chrysler had a Shareholder's Meeting in Auburn Hills in the early 90's and it was a large gathering. (They even fed the shareholders with a free lunch - it was a really cool meeting.)

Concerning the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, it's pretty small compared to the WHQ offices at Auburn Hills.