Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Northwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services
Supporting Sponsor

Default Bob Stone Freeway Auto Center sold.

We have recently closed on the sale of Bob Stone Freeway Auto Center located in The Dalles, Oregon.

The cluster of dealerships (Subaru, Chevrolet, GMC and Buick) was sold to the Tonkin Group based in Portland, Oregon.

The Tonkin Group is the largest automotive dealership group in the Northwest region. With their latest acquisition, the Tonkin Group owns and operates 19 franchises!

We thank Brad and Eddie Tonkin as well as Bob Stone for the opportunity to be of service.

I would also like to take the opportunity and share with you the seller’s comments after the closing:

“I have been in the automobile business since 1955 and knew that if I were to succeed it would be due to honesty, integrity and hard work. Over this lengthy period, I have owned several stores and bought and sold them personally. However, in today’s business climate, I found it much easier to engage someone with a great deal of experience, honesty, integrity and who worked very diligently to consummate the buy/sell transaction. Moshe Stopnitzky and his Company, Performance Brokerage Services, did an excellent job.”

Moshe Stopnitzky, President
Performance Brokerage Services, Inc.
Auto Dealership Brokers Firm
www.performancebrokerageservices.com

Last edited by Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services; 01-06-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Moshe,

Congratulations on another successful transaction for Performance Brokerage Services.

It's interesting to learn that the Tonkin group has expanded beyond the Portland Metro area and just purchased a store in The Dalles, OR.

I used to call on the Chrysler Dealership in The Dalles and remember the Dealer was telling me the community was hopeful that Google and other high-tech companies would build "server farms" in the area to take advantage of the low price electricity contracts that had been extended to the shuttered aluminum plants.

Concerning the Tonkin group, I know they run an aggressive wholesale parts operation and the accumulation of 19 franchises likely provides them an advantage for body shops that only want to deal with one vendor.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services
Supporting Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I used to call on the Chrysler Dealership in The Dalles and remember the Dealer was telling me the community was hopeful that Google and other high-tech companies would build "server farms" in the area to take advantage of the low price electricity contracts that had been extended to the shuttered aluminum plants.

Concerning the Tonkin group, I know they run an aggressive wholesale parts operation and the accumulation of 19 franchises likely provides them an advantage for body shops that only want to deal with one vendor.
Good recall. Google did build a very large data center in town. They further announced last year that they would double it in size.

And yes, the Tonkin indeed run a VERY large wholesale parts operation in NW.
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services is offline   Reply With Quote