Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 07-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July

It's hard to believe that 2015 is already more than half over and it's already the Fourth of July.

I've been taking a few weeks off from the forum but have scheduled some time on Monday to get caught up on some threads and private messages.

Please be safe and I hope everyone has a fantastic Fourth of July.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
mryan55

We opened for the third straight 4th... from 9am to 6pm this year -- did 3 new and 3 used. Although the outcome was OK I'm not sure that we wouldn't haven picked up the business on Friday or Monday if we weren't open.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:03 AM   #3
steve_biegler

Happy Independence day! Glad to see your back. Hope everyone was safe.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Although the outcome was OK I'm not sure that we wouldn't haven picked up the business on Friday or Monday if we weren't open.
That's always the quandary....

It's just like the stores that close on Sundays - if everyone in the market is on the same page then the Dealers will sell just as many cars but have fewer hours that the store has to be staffed.

On the flip side, if the customer has a chance to buy a car from another dealer when your store is closed it can result in lost business. I remember when my Dad was shopping for his car he had one he wanted to buy but it was in Vegas and they were closed on Sunday. He decided to look at another one locally because the dealership was open on a Sunday and ended up buying the car.

(The fact that the car in Vegas had a white leather interior with a red stripe going down the front seat also factored into the decision....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote