Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 05-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
57years

Default Rep. Jim Renacci asks whether Treasury Department targeted conservative GM dealers

Has this been posted before? A new request to investigate the "Conservative bias of the closures?"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...er-GM-closures
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Lakeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
Has this been posted before? A new request to investigate the "Conservative bias of the closures?"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...er-GM-closures
I read that this morning, of course it took two former dealers turned congressmen to bring it up. It gave me a slight glimmer of hope on an overcast gloomy morning. Until I woke up and realized that it will go nowhere with no results in our big government machine.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
The StraightShooter

4 years later and not one investigative journalist has raised the question as to why this information is still shielded from The Freedom of Information Act. Speaks volumes about the mainstream media. Guess the Treasury Dept is still sticking to the "ongoing investigation" b.s.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #4
Jeff Duvall

As it was relayed to me by a friend of the terminated...."ongoing investigation with nothing going on"
Jeff Duvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
s-works

Default Rep. Jim Renacci asks whether Treasury Department targeted conservative GM dealers

Also Rep. Mike Kelly from PA signed on

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....whether_t.html

I dont know how I can upload a sound file but a caller into a radio show brought this point up the other day. He said we were profitable (I don't know how he saw every financial record since the 60's but he was 100% correct on that) and that dealers were picked on.

I just think back to the shared sacrifice our prez alluded to. We could have left the dealers or bondholders alone but everyone gets an equal haircut.

Last edited by s-works; 05-21-2013 at 10:00 AM.
s-works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
jayhawk

certainly cant speak to politically motivated closings, but i can speak to listening to our chrysler financial rep telling me in the month before the closings, he had seen the list being passed around the b.c. of the folks they were going to axe. they had a one time gift from the current administration to dump whomever they didnt like and it was totally vendetta driven. heard the same story from current and former field personell. disgusting!!
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

I've combined four posts from the "Another year has passed" thread to this thread since they pertain to the same issue regarding the question of whether the OLDCO terminations were politically motivated.

Once I get a chance to read the linked reports I'll add my thoughts to this thread.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Once I get a chance to read the linked reports I'll add my thoughts to this thread.
I finally had a chance to get caught up and was going to add my comments to this thread and then I realized I didn't need to - the members who have already posted said everything I was thinking.

While it's nice to believe there might be an investigation into the OLDCO terminations we've already been down the path of "false-hope" many times before and I don't see how this journey will be any different.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote