Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
ssdd

Default 20 groups

guys, what are your thoughts on 20 group meetings? I am being constantly asked to go to these by other CDJ dealers. are these worth the time and expense, or are they just a bunch of dealers bragging about how great they are doing compared to how bad you are doing?
S
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
jayhawk

its great feedback on your operation, but implementing the ideas presented is, as always, the challenge. we feel its very cost effective input however.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
steve_biegler

I wouldn't trade the experiences with my 20 group friends for anything. You will make friends with people that will last long after you or they are no longer in the group.

Ask for a "Working Group". There are many that are just an excuse to take a vacation. A dead giveaway is if they have 3 day meetings that consist of 3 half days. RUN from a group like this. Unless you want a reason for a vacation! If you are a smaller dealer, like I was, ask for a "Regional group" usually the guys will be from an area closer to you and have much more in common than a "National group".
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
conn02

been in one for over 10 years, when I started out, was difficult as Steve said to implement your changes, but the group will definitely point out your weaknesses and your strongpoints. As for group, I prefer Dealers that are further away for competions sake. You can discuss more openly your stategies and concerns.
conn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Some of the smartest dealers I've ever known were big supporters of the 20 Group concept.

As Steve noted above, some groups are more productive than others but there's no question that participation in a 20 Group can help a dealer improve his/her dealership.

One of my favorite 20 Group stories was about a dealer who had to give a presentation at the next meeting so he had his Office Manager send out 19 fake invoices to his fellow dealers to see which ones would pay the invoice without a PO or supporting documentation.

The dealer gave his presentation at the following meeting and over half the people in the room had paid the fake invoice. It was a real eye opener...
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
ssdd

o.k. Thanks Guys1 I am going to visit one next time they meet.
that is what I like about this forum. you can get straight forward answers with out someone having an ulterior motive.
Thanks again
S
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
jlewis74

Great thing to be a part of, be prepared to hear the brutal facts of your operation but if you listen you will improve. Of course you very well might bring things to the table to help the group as well.
jlewis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
ssdd

awesome
Thanks
Guys
S