Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #16
Moparguy

Been away for a bit, but yes I cam up the ladder from sweeping the used car lot to dealer principal on the fixed ops. side of the street. Although I did some spend several years selling, I always has a strong sense of commitment to Service and Parts. Having worked in every capacity of dealership life in my 39 years with a family owned company, I have gotten my hands dirty often and taken my fair share of both tech (level 1 and 2) and advisor training. As previously stated, we pay Service advisors to sell service (labor) and we pay Parts advisors to sell Parts. There is no crossover commissions paid to sell parts by Service advisors. If your advisors are bringing in aftermarket parts to protect service labor, you have got a management problem in allowing this. We sell Chrysler OEM parts at an excellerated pricing schedule. Service guests expect to pay more at a dealership and sometimes we do discount those parts to keep our guests happy, but that is the exception...not the norm...and not without the Parts dept. Ok before hand. Our advisors have the authority to keep the guest happy when needed. Parts and Service need to stand on their own and advisors need to stand on their own too when it comes to earning their paycheck each week. Service sells service, Parts sells parts.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #17
Moparguy

On another note...does everyone know how to meet the loyalty requirements set down in Dealer Standards even when you are selling aftermarket parts on Chrysler vehicles. This is a process that should be revealed in the Area 51 section as it does not really adhere to the stricken Dealer Standards proceedure...but it can be done. Let's face it...Chrysler does not make every part needed to fit a guests needs, and the dealer cannot stock every OEM part in house all the time, and we can't always keep the vehicle overnight to wait for the part to arrive to keep the repair order Chrysler loyal. But there is a way to keep the repair order loyal while keeping the guest happy and get the job out on time. There is a secret to Chrysler repair order loyalty thT not every dealer is aware of. Oddly enough it was told to me my a Factory Service and Parts Rep. off the record...of course.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #18
JoeRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Oh no, the Fixed Operations guys are banding together and they're organizing a hostile takeover of the Sales Department.

Or maybe it's a hostile takeover of DealershipForum.
With the 90% vs 10%, I couldn't resist.
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
On another note...does everyone know how to meet the loyalty requirements set down in Dealer Standards even when you are selling aftermarket parts on Chrysler vehicles. This is a process that should be revealed in the Area 51 section as it does not really adhere to the stricken Dealer Standards proceedure...but it can be done. Let's face it...Chrysler does not make every part needed to fit a guests needs, and the dealer cannot stock every OEM part in house all the time, and we can't always keep the vehicle overnight to wait for the part to arrive to keep the repair order Chrysler loyal. But there is a way to keep the repair order loyal while keeping the guest happy and get the job out on time. There is a secret to Chrysler repair order loyalty thT not every dealer is aware of. Oddly enough it was told to me my a Factory Service and Parts Rep. off the record...of course.
That sounds like a great thread for AREA 51.

Please let me know if you need any help getting it started.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #20
tallymopar

We pay our advisors on gross so they do not discount. We also have a tiered percentage of gross to force them to get the low hanging fruit that normally is left on the table.
tallymopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #21
Cdever5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
Service advisors are paid to sell labor not parts. Our service advisors are paid a percentage of total department labor generated less policy adjustments. Each advisor has a specific percentage based on their skill and their time on the job. They are not paid a percentage of parts sales. We also pay weekly advisor spiffs for cash that is paid each Monday.
So who sells the parts? Your service writers are the best parts salespeople you got.
Cdever5 is offline   Reply With Quote