Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
bill8972

Default NewB from FLA

Hello all!
Found this forum today by accident and so far am really impressed with the tone and wide range of subjects. I'm the Parts Manager/Systems Administrator for a dual Ford/CJDR dealer in rural central Florida In the process of changing DMS (from UCS) and doing lots of research on the subject. Looking forward to participating in the great group!
bill8972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
steve_biegler

Welcome!!!! Lots of great people here.
Take a good look at Auto Soft DMS. Works GREAT and is very affordable. Back when we were with Jeep the contract was also month to month. Makes it easier to sleep at night.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

bill8972 - Thanks for starting an introduction thread and welcome to the forum.

The forum's been a little quiet lately and we lost a lot of great members when Chrysler and GM did their bankruptcy terminations. We've also lost a few members since that time who have either left the car business or closed down their dealerships.

That said, there are still a lot of great people here and I welcome your contributions. Most of our topics lately have been Chrysler related and it would be great to hear how life is as a Ford dealer.

Thanks again for starting the introduction thread and I'm glad you found the forum.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
bill8972

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
bill8972 - Thanks for starting an introduction thread and welcome to the forum.

The forum's been a little quiet lately and we lost a lot of great members when Chrysler and GM did their bankruptcy terminations. We've also lost a few members since that time who have either left the car business or closed down their dealerships.

That said, there are still a lot of great people here and I welcome your contributions. Most of our topics lately have been Chrysler related and it would be great to hear how life is as a Ford dealer.

Thanks again for starting the introduction thread and I'm glad you found the forum.
It's nice to be part of the Blue Oval right now but we have also been impressed with some of the new product coming down the line from CDJR. We were fortunate not to lose our Chrysler franchise. Being in a rural area with no other stores close by helped. Things have been looking up a bit lately. Hope it's a trend that continues!!
bill8972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
ghostrider
Banned

Default New Fl Guy...Me too

Hey,
I am a new guy too, I am over in the Tampa Bay area, CJDR only.
Nice to meet ya!
I also found this forum by accident also
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Hey,
I am a new guy too, I am over in the Tampa Bay area, CJDR only.
Nice to meet ya!
I also found this forum by accident also
ghostrider - First post - welcome to the forum.

The forum's been pretty quiet lately - I have some new threads I've been wanting to start but haven't had too much free time lately.

You mentioned you found the forum by accident - I'm betting a Google Search lead you to some thread here?

Thanks for posting your introduction and feel free to create a new thread or add to an existing thread if you have any questions, comments or ideas.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote