Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
tnpartsguy

Default Dealing with GM LPO parts.

I brought up this topic on DealersEdge, and thought I might share the procedure I created here as well.

• Vehicle is ordered from factory.
• LPO Parts Order is generated at JI-ADI (my local accessory point) for LPO items. We received a notice on d2d when items are shipped.
• Working from that notice sheet, we create an Accessory Installation Request Sheet (Digital Accessories Solution) and put it in the LPO workbook to insure installation BEFORE delivery. Any items that are backordered, or come in damaged are noted in the book.
• Vehicle arrives and is checked in and given a stock #. Vehicle is marked off the ‘wanted’ list and a mirror hanger is installed to show that LPO parts are here/ordered for that vehicle. Mirror hanger will remain in any vehicle if all the LPO parts aren’t here, or come in damaged, ect.
* PDI/LPO RO is written.
• LPO Workbook is updated with RO #, date ect, and sheet is retained for 1 year.

The only 'bad' part of the whole thing.....Parts makes '0' on LPO's. Service gets the labor, but sales refuses to pay me a penny to deal with this junk.
But let it go wrong, or open a box and find a broken part, they come running to me. In the end, it just made my life easier to just deal with it, and not let it interfere with my life more than 10 mins a day.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
TerminatedDCX

Thanks for the info. We have been looking for a way to deal with this. I feel your pain on the parts profit end of it
TerminatedDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
jimmerbme

do you have a sample of form
jimmerbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerbme View Post
do you have a sample of form
jimmerbme - First post - welcome to DealershipForum.

Since this thread is a little over a year old I'll send our member tnpartsguy an email and make him aware of your question. Hopefully he'll respond and provide you with a copy of the form his dealership uses.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
tnpartsguy

Default LPO Form

It's an excel spread-sheet. I'd be glad to share. Here's what it looks like

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/lpoform.png/
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
It's an excel spread-sheet. I'd be glad to share. Here's what it looks like

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/lpoform.png/
Wow, that was fast....

I think you responded with a post to your thread within two minutes of me sending you an email. Thanks for helping one of our members out - Good Karma for you....
Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
tnpartsguy

It's funny - I was just cleaning up the Accessory Dumping ground; that form is the only thing we still use out of the whole long deal I 1st posted.
The Accessory Install sheets went by the wayside because the lot attendant hating having to deal with putting the hanger in the new vehicle. And the PDI tech hating having to do his job the right way. In the end, I don't own the store, and they are doing it their way again..... which is why the NCD manager had to call 3 customers this morning to bring their new cars back to have LPO's installed...
Old 08-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
In the end, I don't own the store, and they are doing it their way again..... which is why the NCD manager had to call 3 customers this morning to bring their new cars back to have LPO's installed...
Well I guess you're not the only Parts Manager who has a problem with LPO parts since others have found this thread via Google.

I'm sure the three customers who have to bring their new cars back to the dealership wish your old procedure was still in place, but as you indicated, that's the dealer's decision.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
ohiobuckeyes

I can recall putting about 10 LPO's in the trash after we closed our GM Store. Never did get them installed on the vehicle, but the customer never asked about some of these "Accessory's". Really enjoy how Chrysler puts most of the Packed Accessory's on the vehicle at the factory.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
tnpartsguy

Angry Build it yourself!

Some of the LPO's are stupid. Buick Enclave is a great example; add running boards- start by stripping off the lower body cladding and deposit all that into the dumpster.....really???

Full size truck getting "Bling" take off factory grill - throw away, gas door- toss, black/or painted door handles - trash, ect

It's pretty dumb and VERY wasteful.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
JoeRocket

Quote:
The only 'bad' part of the whole thing.....Parts makes '0' on LPO's. Service gets the labor, but sales refuses to pay me a penny to deal with this junk.
But let it go wrong, or open a box and find a broken part, they come running to me.

Yep. This is why I stack them in front of the Service Manager's office and say, "Hey, you fellas got some goodies on UPS today. Enjoy."

Quote:
Some of the LPO's are stupid. Buick Enclave is a great example; add running boards- start by stripping off the lower body cladding and deposit all that into the dumpster.....really???

Full size truck getting "Bling" take off factory grill - throw away, gas door- toss, black/or painted door handles - trash, ect

It's pretty dumb and VERY wasteful.
Yeah, Chrysler has a few of those as well.
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Joker

I hate LPO's. Anyone have sales order a GMC with 22" wheels? The vehicle is shipped with steel "transit wheels" and the ADI will send you the pimped out 22" wheels and tires. The ADI will invoice the dealer a $1500.00 core charge on the "transit wheels" and the parts department gets to handle the new wheels and return the "transit wheels" to the ADI all for the bargain price of zilch! Just got a call yesterday informing me of a vehicle being ordered this way. I seriously think the last thing GM wants is for the parts department to be selling their accessories. They would rather sales order them with the vehicle and make service put them on for warranty time.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote