Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #16
Txflyer

My personal opinion is that the 777 will be seen sometime in the future, and it won't be under the sea. I think it is somewhere hidden above ground.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:07 AM   #17
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
My personal opinion is that the 777 will be seen sometime in the future, and it won't be under the sea. I think it is somewhere hidden above ground.
Or in the side of some sort of infrastructure. Building, dam, power plant.........
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Or in the side of some sort of infrastructure. Building, dam, power plant.........
There are a lot of people who believe the exact same thing.

While I understand the theory I still find it hard to believe that it would be possible to land a Boeing 777 and then hide it without detection. I also think that if the objective was to obtain a plane so terrorists could use it for a later attack that there would have been easier ways to secure an aircraft.

That said, the pathetic manner in which the Malaysian government has handled the investigation and the fact that there has been ZERO physical evidence of a crash provides me with an element of skepticism.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #19
birch3x

'borrowed' by North Korea?
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Default Three months later and still not a single shred of evidence

This past Sunday marked the passing of the third month since the Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 went missing - and there's still not one piece of evidence from the wreckage.

The latest news seems to center on the "experts" trying to determine the best place to further the search. Apparently there's some controversy about how far the Boeing 777 could have flown before running out of fuel given the plane's speed, altitude and weather conditions.

FWIW - I'm still betting that the missing plane will ultimately be found but the Black Boxes will not provide all of the answers we're looking for. I still think the flight was taken over by the pilot or co-pilot who was on a suicide mission. (I think the head pilot is the most likely suspect.)
Old 03-08-2015, 10:03 AM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Unhappy A full year later and still not a single shred of evidence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
This past Sunday marked the passing of the third month since the Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 went missing - and there's still not one piece of evidence from the wreckage.

The latest news seems to center on the "experts" trying to determine the best place to further the search. Apparently there's some controversy about how far the Boeing 777 could have flown before running out of fuel given the plane's speed, altitude and weather conditions.

FWIW - I'm still betting that the missing plane will ultimately be found but the Black Boxes will not provide all of the answers we're looking for. I still think the flight was taken over by the pilot or co-pilot who was on a suicide mission. (I think the head pilot is the most likely suspect.)
It's hard to believe a full year has passed since the Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 went missing and we're still no closer to solving the mystery than we were almost a year ago.

My prediction is still the same as it was nine months ago - my bet is the plane and the Black Boxes will ultimately be found but they will not provide all of the information we hope for and the actual events that lead to missing plane will remain subject to speculation.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #22
DealerEx

I saw on the news last night that Malaysian Airlines now admitted that the battery powering the black box beacon had an expiration date of 2012 and had not been replaced as called for. Might explain why they were never able to get an identifiable signal from it.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
I saw on the news last night that Malaysian Airlines now admitted that the battery powering the black box beacon had an expiration date of 2012 and had not been replaced as called for. Might explain why they were never able to get an identifiable signal from it.
I read that too - I'm surprised it took so long for that information to be revealed.

My Dad and I were discussing the missing Boeing 777 over dinner the other night. He has the belief that the U.S. Government knows exactly where the plane is but they won't release the information because they don't want other countries to know how vast and accurate their military satellites are.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but I don't hold our government to the same high regard. My bet is if the U.S. Government knew where the plane was they could have leaked the information to the search teams and still kept the abilities of their satellite systems secret. Bottom line - I don't think our military's technological capabilities are as strong as my father does.

My view of our government is more along the lines of the latest story which suggests two high ranking Secret Service agents were drunk on the job and ran their patrol car into barricades by the White House. No blood alcohol tests were taken and there have been efforts to cover up the story....
Old 03-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #24
steve_biegler

Tom Brokaw was right.....They were the greatest generation!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #25
XDCX
Administrator

Default 17 Months later and the missing Boeing 777 is back in the news...

I thought of this thread a week or so ago when a part of a Boeing 777 was found in the Indian Ocean.

While I tend to accept this news on face value and feel that the discovery of the wing part is proof the remains of the missing jet have been found my father was telling me that some people are concerned that the part which was found does not have a modification to it which would have been completed by the airline.

Is it possible someone "planted" a Boeing 777 wing part to try to bring speculation on what happened to the jet to an end? I don't buy the theory but that's not to say it's not possible.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #26
Txflyer

Let's just say I'm skeptical.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #27
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Let's just say I'm skeptical.
I think a big reason so much skepticism exists is due to the incredibly poor way the Malaysian Government has handled the investigation.

At best the airline and government officials have looked clueless and at worse it appears they're trying to cover something up. Even the most recent event surrounding the discovery of the wing part has placed the credibility of the Malaysian Government officials in question. Why were they so quick to verify the part was from their plane when the experts hadn't even formed an opinion yet?
Old 09-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #28
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
While I tend to accept this news on face value and feel that the discovery of the wing part is proof the remains of the missing jet have been found my father was telling me that some people are concerned that the part which was found does not have a modification to it which would have been completed by the airline.

Is it possible someone "planted" a Boeing 777 wing part to try to bring speculation on what happened to the jet to an end? I don't buy the theory but that's not to say it's not possible.
For those who are interested - here's a link to an intriguing article - click here

Not only does the part in question not have a modification to it that should have been performed by the airline, it's missing its identification tag.

To add to the mystery, the barnacles that are on the part suggest that it would have to have been fully submerged at a depth of 10 - 20 feet for several months. Experts have stated this is unlikely to naturally occur since objects either float or they sink - they don't just "hover" 10 - 20 feet below the surface.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #29
XDCX
Administrator

Default France says they're "certain" the part is from MH370

The latest news indicates the French Government is certain that the part found from a Boeing 777 is from the plane that was flying MH370.

Apparently there were markings and numbers inside the part that linked the component to the missing plane. Here's a news report with more information - click here
Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #30
XDCX
Administrator

Default Tomorrow marks the two year anniversary of the plane's disappearance...

Tomorrow, March 8, 2016, will represent the two year anniversary since the Boeing 777 went missing. I remain amazed - I would have never thought that two years could pass and they'd still be looking for the wreckage.

The latest news is that authorities feel it is "very likely" the wreckage will be found by July of this year. If the wreckage isn't found by that point it's also possible the search will be called off. For a link to the latest report - click here

Without trying to sound like a skeptic, even if the wreckage is found it would likely take a year or longer to find and retrieve the "Black Boxes" and I doubt that even if they're retrieved they'll provide sufficient information to know exactly what happened.

Hopefully I'm wrong - I think the families of those lost deserve to know what happened.