Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
ghostrider
Banned

Default DMS Systems, Rey Rey vs ADP

I have noticed more and more dealerships going to ADP. Many of the stores I am writing about were on Reynolds and Reynolds.
Why have so many stores not renewed? I have heard dealers do not like who owns RR..?

I went from years and years with RR to ADP. I can't believe how complex ADP is, it is very tough to train new folks compared to RR.

When my store's ADP's contract was up, I got a quote from RR, this store never has been on RR. It was less than 1/2 of what the ADP is. ADP kills you with click charges and add ons. Our owner is friends with the ADP District Manager so we stayed with ADP, now with the newer Drive Version.

With RR I could take anyone off the street and w/in 90 mins, they could do 90% of what they do every day. I am lucky to get a new user 90% within 90 days with ADP.

We now have a new system that lays on top of ADP, called Smart VMA from BG Products, a new tablet that makes ADP much user friendly @ write up.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
jayhawk

if adp or r&r know your talking to auto soft, they just fade away.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
steve_biegler

Ghostrider....let me see if I have this straight.....you bought another product so the high priced product works better? If thats the case your dealers friend must have pictures of him with farm animals. I agree with jayhawk, talk to AutoSoft, the difference will blow your mind.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
ohiobuckeyes

I can not wait to leave Reynolds and Reynolds behind in 3 Days. What a racket these companies. Most dealers do not know their are other DMS companies with lower prices. I know for a fact that Reynolds charges DOUBLE for software and in the lease of the system. A Reynolds system cost our store $4500.00 a month along with a lease payment for $1200.00 from Reyna our lease is for 84 months just to keep that cost down. And have to nickel and dime you and your dealership for every little item from support to Forms programing. So if your going to another DMS System Please listen the other members when they preach about AUTOSOFT, AutoMate, DealerTrack these help lower your cost monthly. BTW Love AutoSoft DMS....
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
79LilRedExpress

Small store ???

Autosoft is the way to go.... I've been with them 12 years in this store, 6 years in previous store.

I have worked with both R&R and ADP. (Autosoft replaced R&R in 1993)

ADP was so complex we hired our ADP rep to come work for us (1991).
Of course we were a large store with our own mainframe. Long before PC's.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
John Schutz

Praise ghe Lord! Am hVING aUTOSOFT INSTALLED THIS WEEK. gOODBY R&R.. Had autosoft before. Bad partners made a bad decision. Went to R&R and signed 84 month contract. And they were suppose to be smart car guys. The Reynonlds rep was a better sales person.
John Schutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
ghostrider
Banned

Our ADP runs about 17K per month, we are a large store. That also includes the phones.
The RR quote was 9K , assuming all dept heads wanted all the upgrades/options.
I hadn't heard of autosoft.

Yepp, you read it right, we added another $1000 a month to our DMS system just to make ADP work easier....crazy for sure.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
jayhawk

you need to find autosoft TODAY !!! weve been with them since 2000, monthly fees,,, +or- $750 ,, will not increase as long as wer'e on board. this system works well with any size store . do your store a huge financial favor ,, call them before you sign another contract with anyone. what have you got to lose??
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote