Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Smile NCAA Football Playoffs in the future?

For those who believe the NCAA needs a playoff series for Football just like they have for Basketball, there's reason to be hopeful.

Yesterday it was announced that former University of Washington President, Mark Emmert, would be taking over as President of the NCAA. While no one expects change to happen over night, I was pleased to hear that he's at least open to the idea that the BCS can be improved upon.

In fact, he's been quoted in the past that he thinks a playoff series for College Football is inevitable. Here's a quote from an interview that was conducted about 18 months ago - “I happen to be one that thinks it’s inevitable we’ll have a playoff.”

Here's a link to a report that provides more details - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
gingersnap

I hope he can get it done. SOON
gingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
I hope he can get it done. SOON
Me too - it would make College Football so much more entertaining and it would eliminate the BCS controversy that seems to happen every year.

Emmert was a great President at the University of Washington - I think he'll do a great job with the NCAA.

On a final note, I thought it was interesting to hear the PAC-10 and the Big Ten are opposed to changing the current system because of the sweetheart deal they have with the Rose Bowl.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Exciting news! I hate the bowl system!
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Exciting news! I hate the bowl system!
I hate the BCS too - playoffs would be much better.

Even with playoffs I still think the NCAA needs to address the "strength of schedule" for schools like Boise State. I think it's easier to have a great post-season when you've only had to play one or two worthy competitors all year. (Mostly because you have fewer injured players at the end of the season if you have an easy schedule.)

That said, I love to watch Boise State play. I think it's cool that a small school can hang with the big dogs.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
gingersnap

The Pac-Ten Big -Ten need to get over it. I just hope before JOEPA dies the playoff is a happening thing he has always wanted it. I got a notice yesterday that my ALABAMA tickets that I applied for from the LION CLUB I am getting I am pumped. I do believe though that PENN STATE will get crushed in that game.
gingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote