Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #31
Snowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Dude... hook-up the lady... she's a Steelers fan!
She's a Steelers Fan? I AM THE ORIGINAL STEELERS FAN!! Cripes, I guess I'm old enough to remember the leather helmets they wore back in the day.

Born & raised in the 'burgh CL so I can speak the language, an 'at. I'll meetcha for a Primante's sammich.
Snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #32
Snowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Snowrider - Welcome to DealershipForum.com

Concerning your offer to provide insight on the other OEMs, that would be awesome.

With all of the frustration some of our members were having with Chrysler's launch of Employee Pricing yesterday, I kept thinking "Would Toyota launch a program with this much confusion? "

My guess is "no" but you're our new expert.
Toyo is currently scratching their heads wondering what went wrong?? They've got more than a few Tundra's lingering and, much to their chagrin, a lot of the eco-buggies hanging around. The Camry is still selling, as it always will. The Corolla and Matrix sales slid to a halt with the drop in gas prices. They ramped up Prius production only to have them hit the lots and sit.

The initial shipment of their new CUV (Venza) has garnered only a passing glance from the customers. I'm sure the Kool-aid drinking Toyota Faithful will eventually come around on that one, but the $40K price tag is a bitter pill to swallow for a sub-sized CUV that pretends to compete with the Edge, Journey, Murano, Pilot, Traverse, Acadia, etc. Lotsa cash for a glitzy style statement if you ask me. My wife said it best when she looked at it in the showroom, "Yuck...How do you see outta that thing? Looks like you'd be driving blind."

I've been keeping an eye on the incentives for Toyota and haven't seen them move much. When the ether dissipates, they'll probably come in with some cash on the slow movers and tag the others with an incentivized rate, same as they did a few months ago.
Snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #33
CL Pgh

wrong place
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
wrong place
No, I think that's my fault.

I was so happy to have someone with multi-franchise experience that I steered the Introduction thread off-topic.

I will copy Snowrider's post and start a new thread in the Toyota section. There's a lot of great information there and it will be easier to find if I start a new thread.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote