Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Txflyer

Question 2011 Dodge Avenger

Has anyone seen the 2011 Avenger? I haven't seen any pics of it or seen it mentioned anywhere, but my ASM is telling me that it is also refreshed similar to the Chrysler 200 and pushing me to order one. I am being told that each dealer in the US will only be allowed to order one of them for the entire model year? Sure sounds fishy to me, can anyone confirm?
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
CL Pgh

Hmmmm... sounds like BS to me. As I understand it the Avenger is getting some interior upgrades... but to describe the Avenger changes to that of the 200/Sebring isn't even close. BTW... we had 3 allocated.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Has anyone seen the 2011 Avenger? I haven't seen any pics of it or seen it mentioned anywhere, but my ASM is telling me that it is also refreshed similar to the Chrysler 200 and pushing me to order one. I am being told that each dealer in the US will only be allowed to order one of them for the entire model year? Sure sounds fishy to me, can anyone confirm?
When you say "ASM" are you referring to your Assistant Sales Manager or Chrysler's Area Sales Manager?

Concerning the '11 Avenger, everything I've read indicates it received the most modest changes of all the re-designed vehicles for '11.

Concerning a limit of one Avenger per dealer, my bet is if you put in a 100 orders via DealerConnect they'd probably arrive on your lot shortly.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Txflyer

Area Sales Manager
Old 09-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Ralph

Txflyer, DON"T ORDER 100...unless you have a Thrifty or Budget home office next door to sell those puppys to. LOL
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Area Sales Manager
Wow, that's odd. I doubt that even a "newbie" factory rep would believe there's going to be a limit of one Avenger per dealer. I wonder if Chrysler has some special package that he's thinking of - like the Walter P. Chrysler edition?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Txflyer, DON"T ORDER 100...unless you have a Thrifty or Budget home office next door to sell those puppys to. LOL
Reminds me of a story back in the late 80s when a Dodge dealer in Oregon mis-read the State Bid and ordered 200+ Dodge Aries with the 2.2 liter engine instead of the 2.5 liter engine. The state refused to take the vehicles and the dealer was forced to retail them.

It was insane but he found a way to make it work. I remember when the Polk report came out for his market - the Aries was the segment leading vehicle. It even outsold Honda which was red-hot back in those days.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Txflyer

I think it's more like the "You've got 5000 of these to get rid of, now DO IT!!!" package.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Reminds me of a story back in the late 80s when a Dodge dealer in Oregon mis-read the State Bid and ordered 200+ Dodge Aries with the 2.2 liter engine instead of the 2.5 liter engine. The state refused to take the vehicles and the dealer was forced to retail them.

It was insane but he found a way to make it work. I remember when the Polk report came out for his market - the Aries was the segment leading vehicle. It even outsold Honda which was red-hot back in those days.
In "85 we had a fleet order for 30 Caravans with a 4cyl Turbo and what was then an eight pass version with a front bench, 2nd and third row seats...

Well, they ended up coming in with just the front bench and 2nd row only( 6pass)

Needless to say the fleet acct didnt take them.

We advertised them sold them all of course, and lost our a$$

Now, the DM comes in(they used to do that back then) and says we need to order six pass Caravans because thats what we sell the most of !!!
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
steve_biegler

Quote:

The AMERICAN AUTOMOBILE DEALER, takes a lemon and makes lemonaid. WE always find a way to make it work, or maybe I should say some of us used to find ways to make it work. Have a great weekend everybody!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
I wonder if Chrysler has some special package that he's thinking of - like the Walter P. Chrysler edition?
What about an Sergio Marchionne Edition those would fly off the lots!

My ASM call the dealership and told us he need us to take our allocation b/c he did not want us to miss on this great to 'refreshed' product. I told him alright but he had to F5 him self.

(F5 is the refresh key on Internet Explorer)
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 AM   #12
SANDMAN

It is amazing how many sebrings and avengers we started selling when they put some decent money on the hood to allow us to get that price point down. From what I have been told the Avenger just gets a interior upgrade with minor exterior styling changes.
SANDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #13
MisterM

2011 Avenger (Base, Express, Heat, Lux, R/T)

All New Interior
• All new instrument panel and cluster
• Super Soft “Protein” Vinyl on Door Trims and Arm Rests
• New Interior Ambient Lighting including Console and cup holders
• Accent Stitching on Door Arm Rests, Center Console and I/P Hood

Performance (New 3.6L V6)
• BIC 283 HP (+20%) / 260 lb-ft Torque (+12%)
• EPA City = 19 mpg (+7%) / EPA Highway = 29 mpg (+19%)
• 0-60 mph performance = 6.5 sec
• Dual exhaust

Exterior Enhancements
• New LED tail lamps
• New front and rear fascia's
• New NVH packages for quit and refined ride
• New 18” Wheels

Significantly Upgraded Suspension
• MacPherson Strut Front
• Multi-Link Trailing Arm Rear
• Tuned for Ride Comfort
• Excellent Balance with Premium Tires
• Lowered Ride Height
MisterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #14
Drivedavid

Default Thanks MrM

For taking all the half truths and speculation and reducing it to fact. Sounds like a better car. I'll take 5000!
Drivedavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedavid View Post
For taking all the half truths and speculation and reducing it to fact. Sounds like a better car.
I agree. We're fortunate to have MisterM visit the site and provide input - he's been a reliable source for information about Chrysler's future product and their current production schedules. :thumbsup_old:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedavid View Post
I'll take 5000!
Be careful, Auburn Hills has been known to surf the forum and may interpret your post and an implied order.