Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Sponsors > DealerLaw.com

Notices

DealerLaw.com DealerLaw.com is an official sponsor of DealershipForum.com

Old 11-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
TerminatedDCX

Default Affected Dealer Employees

Has there been any discussion regarding the employees of the affected dealers filing suit??
I know I've paid my share of taxes.
TerminatedDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatedDCX View Post
Has there been any discussion regarding the employees of the affected dealers filing suit??
I know I've paid my share of taxes.
That's an interesting thought. There's no question the elimination of 789 Chrysler dealerships had a devastating impact beyond the Dealer Principal.

That said, my guess is the legal system would limit claims to only those individuals named on Paragraph 2 of the Dealer Agreement.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
TerminatedDCX

I could understand that if the case was against Chrysler. I may have missunderstood but I thought this case was being brought against the Government.
If so, I know my tax money went to bail out an auto company who went unmonitored and cancelled the franchise I worked at. I have worked for Chrysler franchises for over 20 years and to think the Government can let a company take that away.
"For The People?"
I'd like to think I'm not alone on this.
TerminatedDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
TNtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatedDCX View Post
I could understand that if the case was against Chrysler. I may have missunderstood but I thought this case was being brought against the Government.
If so, I know my tax money went to bail out an auto company who went unmonitored and cancelled the franchise I worked at. I have worked for Chrysler franchises for over 20 years and to think the Government can let a company take that away.
"For The People?"
I'd like to think I'm not alone on this.
I think you would get farther with a lawsuit concerning labor times. One of these days it will happen.
TNtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtech View Post
I think you would get farther with a lawsuit concerning labor times. One of these days it will happen.
I didn't read the full story but I recall about two or three weeks ago the NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) was in the news because they were pushing to have major companies bound to the employees their franchises hired.

The unions, of course, are salivating at the prospects of unionizing all of the employees at the various McDonald's franchise locations and then bargaining on their behalf with McDonald's corporate offices.

So, who knows, maybe that could happen with the OEMs. Personally, I doubt it but I've been wrong before when it comes to the expansion of government.

On a slightly different note, are factory labor times less of a deal because warranty volume is a fraction of what it used to be, or are they a bigger deal because OEMs are shorting recall labor times in an effort to contain their losses? (I'll open a new thread on this topic if it generates a discussion.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote