Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default How do Dealers manage their Facebook pages?

Our member Needhelp recently updated the thread about AutoStar Superstores and it prompted me to re-examine the company since the last thread in the post was almost a year old.

I was somewhat surprised to see AutoStar has a negative comment on their Facebook page that's remained unaddressed since last November:

I've never spent much time with Facebook and was wondering how most dealerships handle negative comments on their Facebook page?

Do most dealers delete the comments, address them or leave them as they were posted like AutoStar has done?

On a related note, are sites like Facebook, Myspace and Twitter worth the time that's required to keep them updated?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Almost 100 page views and no response about Facebook

I was checking through some of the older threads and noticed no one's responded to this one so I thought I'd give it a bump.

How do most dealers respond to negative comments on their Facebook page?

In the case of AutoStar Superstore, it appears they've decided to do nothing because the message is still there and they haven't added anything to their Facebook page for the past three months.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
steve_biegler

The hard part of Facebook style social networks is anyone can say anything. No matter how you handle it you cannot unring the bell. Unfortunately the average person is not going to believe the Dealer.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
No matter how you handle it you cannot unring the bell.
I don't have much experience with Facebook, but can't a dealer (or in this case AutoStar Superstores) just delete the comment?

I've read on Allpar that the Jeep brand will remove comments from their Facebook page if they feel they're non-constructive.

Maybe it's a non-issue for most dealers? I don't get the impression that having a presence on Facebook or Twitter is doing much to increase sales at the dealer level.