Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 06-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
Kitfox

Default Wall Street Journal Poll - Consumer Financial Protection

XDCX, Please place this where ever you think it sould be but I did not know how to start a new thread.

The Wall Street Journal has an electronic poll (new out just this morning) asking whether or not auto dealers should be exempted from the federal legislation creating the new consumer financial protection agency.
It has only started, yet the ‘No’ votes are ahead of our preference ‘YES’ votes.
WATDA is asking our members to please go online through the link below and weigh in "YES" in favor of the dealer exemption. Also please forward Internally to as many knowledgeable dealership personnel who would be reliable YES vote submitters as well.
Should auto dealers be exempt from regulation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, as proposed in the House's financial reform package?

http://online.wsj.com/community/grou...mpt-regulation

As Ben Bernanke, Barney Frank and Timothy Geithner help shape the financial-regulation overhaul in Congress, people who know them say they may be willing to negotiate on parts of the bill they don't view as core, while being intractable on pieces they view as elemental. That could mean agreeing to allow auto dealers to be exempt from new lending rules.

Last edited by XDCX; 06-09-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Change title of post to create a new thread
Kitfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Good news - 95% of the votes are SUPPORT an exemption

Kitfox - Thanks for the post - I just created a new thread.

Concerning the WSJ Poll, I just cast my vote and was happy to see that 95% of the respondents are voting the way we want them to.

Thanks for helping to spread the word and I hope all of our members will take just a few moments out of their day and cast their vote.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
XDCX, Please place this where ever you think it sould be but I did not know how to start a new thread.
I'll create a thread later today that explains how to start a new thread. You're the second member this week who's indicated they were not sure how to create a new thread. Hopefully this will encourage more members to start new threads - especially since many of the most popular threads are the ones which are started by our members.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote