Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
MICDJDLR

Default Chrysler Parts

Our sister store was one of the "affected" Chrysler dealerships and now has $108k in Chrysler/Jeep parts that it wants to sell. It is a GM store and will probably sell some of these parts but is looking to move them quicker.

One idea that has been suggested is that my CDJ store "bin" the parts at my store (without actually physically maintaining the inventory) so that the parts will show up on D2D and possibly help move the parts quicker. I'm all about helping them BUT I don't want to screw up our inventory. The problems that I see are 1. maintaining 2 data bases for the same parts - once they sell it at the oldco store they'll have to log onto our DMS to adjust the parts inventory. 2. price updates & inventory values will be figured including these parts. 3. bins are determined by part# and if we have any of the same parts in stock it will want to bin them in the same location. Ugh.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how they've handled this?
MICDJDLR is offline   Reply With Quote