Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
CL Pgh

Angry Chrysler Adding Equip.!

Just a heads-up for you folks and a moment for me to vent! This is now the second vehicle in the past three weeks that Chrysler has slapped extra equipment on without notifying or asking us. This one really makes me mad as I ordered a base AWD Journey for price purposes and Chrysler went and added a $2500 navigation system too. A unit that should have a sticker price of under $27,000 now is almost $29,500… so much for their “Customer Standards”!

Check your incoming unit’s folks… Chrysler must think we’re a bunch of dumbasses.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Granch

DId you verify the VON??

Chrysler just stuffed some misfits down my throat and informed us after they were on our run. We got a Journey which we didnt want...last 2 Journeys we had sat over a year!!

They are chalking it up to having full representation....We are CJD but we really only sell the J....
Granch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granch View Post
DId you verify the VON??
Absolutely! I've been doing this way too long not to keep copies of everything! I already sent copies of the original order, the modified advance shipper and invoice which we just got to my DM. (not that it will do any good!)

Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
ohiobuckeyes

OMG! Just was checking out my order on an Nitro Chrysler added a Sunroof. And from the order POC to the Invoice the MSRP stayed that same. I read this a few days ago and did not think about it until I pulled and 300 invoice this morning. WOW how low.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Great thread - I wonder how widespread this problem is?

I read a post on Allpar over the weekend where a dealership employee suggested that Chrysler's current activities reminded him of the Joe Eberhardt days. I don't know if he was referring to Sales Bank or getting stuffed with vehicles?

I'll add this topic to my next batch of faxes and ask if any other dealers are having this problem.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Just a heads-up for you folks and a moment for me to vent! This is now the second vehicle in the past three weeks that Chrysler has slapped extra equipment on without notifying or asking us. This one really makes me mad as I ordered a base AWD Journey for price purposes and Chrysler went and added a $2500 navigation system too. A unit that should have a sticker price of under $27,000 now is almost $29,500… so much for their “Customer Standards”!

Check your incoming unit’s folks… Chrysler must think we’re a bunch of dumbasses.
So you can feel a little better... My Journey also had $2000+ Nav added to it.

The difference is mine is now a $29,195 SXT~~~F W D~~~!!!
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 AM   #7
Ralph

Default Added equiptment

I was told that the new process at distribution is to...allow the order to sit a few weeks, then they actually look at it and call around to see how close they can build it to the ordered specs. Because they can't get parts, they can't build everything exactly as ordered.

Isn't that wonderful, the new system? order inventory and it's kinda like a pot luck supper, you never know if or what you'll get.

Ugh
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:47 AM   #8
okcarl
Lotus Factory Guy

Quote:
Absolutely! I've been doing this way too long not to keep copies of everything! I already sent copies of the original order, the modified advance shipper and invoice which we just got to my DM. (not that it will do any good!)

Do what we did when they shipped us 15 Grand Cherokees 6 weeks earlier than they told us. We shut off the floor plan on those Jeeps. We got a call from our rep very quickly.
okcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #9
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
So you can feel a little better... My Journey also had $2000+ Nav added to it.
DM told me yesterday 1100 Journeys got this nav. added because the standard radio wasn't available. Plant made the decision to add the nav. radio and that THERE WOULD BE A PRICE ADJUSTMENT made to the nav. price.

Do you know how hard it is to type and Hold Your Breath at the same time!!! I'll believe it when I see it... and still, why in the "H" wouldn't they tell us ahead of time!?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
... and still, why in the "H" wouldn't they tell us ahead of time!?
While it's speculation on my part, my guess is Chrysler is doing everything possible to generate cash so Marchionne can report favorable results.

One of the biggest questions most analysts have about Chrysler's future is how long do they have before they run out of money, and will Fiat invest money if the well runs dry? If Marchionne can reduce the cash burn both of these questions get shifted to the back burner.

My bet is Chrysler has significantly reduced their cash burn, but what happens when the dealers' lots fill-up and they run out of orders?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote