Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Abandoned Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Dealership on Route 66 in New Mexico

A couple of weeks ago I was making a road trip from Cadillac, MI to Phoenix, AZ and found myself traveling through parts of New Mexico that I had never been to before.

I was traveling on I-40 but decided to take an exit and follow Route 66 so I could find someplace to stop for dinner. As I was driving down Route 66 I saw what looked like an old Dodge Brand Sign in the distance. As I tried to convince myself it couldn't be an old Dodge Brand Sign because they've all been switched out I discovered that not only is it an old Dodge Brand Sign, it's standing in front of an abandoned Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge store.

Here's a picture:

I haven't had a chance to do any research - I don't know when the store died or who owned it when it went out of business. The nearest city is Grants, NM.
It was a somewhat surreal experience - while much of what's on Route 66 is in a form of abandonment or disrepair I wasn't expecting to see an old CJDR store as part of my detour.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote