Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
bmw_controller

Default New from So-Cal

Hi all.

I'm an Office Manager with a BMW dealership in Southern California.

As far as unique qualities, I guess it's safe to say that I have more than my share of technical experience as I was a computer programmer for 10 yrs before coming to work here, though my chops are probably fading the more years I spend in the car biz.

A lot of my effectiveness tends to be linked into my ability to use our DMS (Arkona/DealerTrack DMS), which we just switched over to. I'd be interested to see new forums devoted to each of the major systems if that suits the powers that be here. I still have a lot to learn but I feel like I've also got a lot I can contribute.

Thanks!!
bmw_controller
bmw_controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
steve_biegler

Welcome to the forum.....Jump right in!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Finally! Someone from my favorite brand. Welcome!
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
birch3x

We just resigned with ADP. Close second was Dealer Track. We stayed with ADP because they dropped their price and there was no learning curve with a new DMS.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_controller View Post
Hi all.

I'm an Office Manager with a BMW dealership in Southern California.

As far as unique qualities, I guess it's safe to say that I have more than my share of technical experience as I was a computer programmer for 10 yrs before coming to work here, though my chops are probably fading the more years I spend in the car biz.

A lot of my effectiveness tends to be linked into my ability to use our DMS (Arkona/DealerTrack DMS), which we just switched over to. I'd be interested to see new forums devoted to each of the major systems if that suits the powers that be here. I still have a lot to learn but I feel like I've also got a lot I can contribute.

Thanks!!
bmw_controller
Welcome to the forum - it's great to have you here.

The forum's still pretty small and it's been quiet lately but the best way to fix that is to post some new topics and let Google do the rest.

I agree that it would be great to have more discussions about the various DMS systems and I'll be happy to add a section to the forum as the need develops. We have had some good threads about ADP and R&R's competitors - it seems like there are cheaper options that work great for smaller dealers.

Concerning DealerTrack, the only thread I can remember on the forum is when they were having server problems which prevented their dealerships from working car deals. In fairness, that thread was probably a couple of years ago and I don't recall ever hearing about the problem again.

Thanks for joining the forum and please feel free to jump-in and start a new thread or respond to an existing one.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Finally! Someone from my favorite brand. Welcome!
As soon as I noticed we had a new member from a BMW store I thought of you.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
We stayed with ADP because they dropped their price and there was no learning curve with a new DMS.
It's interesting to hear that ADP has been willing to drop their prices to retain clients.

With so much talk about the "cloud" lately I really think DealerTrack is ahead of the game and there will be a day when we all look back and remember when dealers had to pay for their own hardware. (By "cloud" I'm referring to the streaming music programs offered by Google and Amazon and Apple's efforts with the iCloud.)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
birch3x

Another big factor in staying with ADP is that they have electronic signature pads. We're going to use them to have signatures on file for RO's. This will allow us to stop storing paper RO's. We currently have about 12,000 pounds of them.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote