Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July

It's hard to believe that 2013 is already more than half over and it's already the Fourth of July.

Please be safe and I hope everyone has a fantastic Fourth of July.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
steve_biegler

I Love the picture! Have a fantastic Independence day everyone.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
I Love the picture! Have a fantastic Independence day everyone.
Based on last year's thread I'm hoping that almost everyone has the day off. Here's a link to last years thread - click here
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
mryan55

We opened on the 4th from 10am until 5pm, sales only. I let one out of my six sales guys have the day off and I let the rest of the management team have some time off too.

Needless to say, I could have run the whole store by myself. I delivered one new car, $200 triple net including delivery allowance and SFPAP (here's to hoping we are VGP overachievers this month so that it pays $1,000 VGP)...

And I only delivered it to salvage something and keep from blanking.

Perhaps the best part: it's a USAA lead, so I now owe the TrueCar program $300 and the sales guy $100. What a return on investment... at least I get to say I lead the district.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
lsx only

closed the 4th opened today selling a new unit open half a day saturday
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
We opened on the 4th from 10am until 5pm, sales only. I let one out of my six sales guys have the day off and I let the rest of the management team have some time off too.

Needless to say, I could have run the whole store by myself. I delivered one new car, $200 triple net including delivery allowance and SFPAP (here's to hoping we are VGP overachievers this month so that it pays $1,000 VGP)...

And I only delivered it to salvage something and keep from blanking.

Perhaps the best part: it's a USAA lead, so I now owe the TrueCar program $300 and the sales guy $100. What a return on investment... at least I get to say I lead the district.
That's a great story - certainly one that I think the majority of us can relate to.

It's amazing sometimes when you look at all of the work it takes to sell a new car and then you realize you're doing it for free - or worse. Granted, there's still money to be made selling new cars but I can think of several "nothing deals" I took just to move a unit.

On the plus side, at least Chrysler, TrueCar and your salesperson all made some money.

Concerning Chrysler, was there much "encouragement" from the BC for the dealers to be open on the Fourth? I know in the past some BCs have pressured their metro dealers to be open so they don't lose any sales.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
mryan55

The GLBC doesn't really badger anyone to open anymore. On conference calls they pretty much concede that 95%+ of the GLBC will be closed on any federal holiday.

First time I really noticed this paradigm shift was Memorial Day this year. The conference call pretty much went "we understand we lost some momentum because this is not a selling day in the Great Lakes." And that was that. Of course, we were open, but Indianapolis Metro is probably the exception to the rule in the GLBC.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote