Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Default Huskies lose to Oregon - now 4 - 2 and ranked #20

Well, the Huskies lost to Oregon for the 10th year in a row....

Oregon won the game with a score of 45 - 24 but the game was close up until the fourth quarter. Oregon was clearly the better team but the Huskies fought hard against the #2 team in the country.

I had to smile when I was watching the pre-game portion of the broadcast and they showed a picture of Nike's CEO, Phil Knight, dressed in Oregon colors and wearing an Oregon baseball hat. Phil Knight is a graduate of Oregon and has pumped millions of dollars into their athletic programs. Oregon used to be one of the weakest teams in the PAC-10 twenty years ago but that's no longer the case.

The Huskies play Arizona State as an away game next week - hopefully they'll get their winning streak restarted.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Unhappy Huskies get crushed by Arizona State 53 - 24 - No longer in the Top 25

The Huskies lost to ASU on Saturday in a game that was too depressing to watch. (I had the game on Tivo and fast-forwarded through most of the second half.)

ASU played well and the Huskies played poorly. The Huskies run game was stopped by ASU and Price had throwing accuracy problems for most of the game. There were so many "three and out" offensive series for the Huskies that I lost count.

To add insult to injury, the Husky defense played poorly too. The Huskies couldn't tackle to save their ass and the pass defense wasn't too much better.

ASU was the better team - they deserved the win and the Huskies deserved to lose their Top 25 ranking.

The Huskies play California (1 - 6) at home next week. Hopefully they'll fix what's broken and start winning some football games again.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
chryslersrt8

Great SEC action as Tennessee won at the end and Auburn beat Texas A & M, and Mississippi upset LSU. While I have no favorite team in college football (sorry Purdue) I love watching the SEC.
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
lsx only

I went to the bama arkansas game and by the third u could sit anywhere u wanted!!
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslersrt8 View Post
Great SEC action as Tennessee won at the end and Auburn beat Texas A & M, and Mississippi upset LSU. While I have no favorite team in college football (sorry Purdue) I love watching the SEC.
There were some great games last week - and a fair number of upsets.

I didn't watch the Auburn/Texas A&M game but I saw some of the highlights - what a great game.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Default Huskies beat California - Now 5 - 3 and unranked

The Huskies broke their three game losing streak with a victory over California on Saturday with a score of 41 - 17.

While California was a weaker opponent than what the Huskies faced over the past three weeks it was great to see the Huskies play with some aggression and make some solid hits/tackles.

The California game was the first game since the passing of former Husky Football Coach Don James. Don James is a legend at the UW and it was great to see so many people express their respect and admiration for the former coach who lost his life to cancer. The California Bears, in a classy act, even added a "DJ" sticker to their helmets to honor Don James.

The Huskies have a bye next week and then have Colorado at home.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
XDCX
Administrator

Default Huskies had a bye and the Seahawks overcame a 21 point deficit

Since the Huskies had the week off I watched the Seahawk game against Tampa Bay on Sunday to get my weekly football fix.

The Seahawks player poorly in the first half and were outscored 21 - 0 at one point. The Seahawks managed an impressive comeback in the second half and won the game in overtime. It was the greatest comeback in Seahawk's history - the prior record was a 20 point comeback against the Denver Broncos.

The Seahawks are 8 - 1 - the best start in franchise history and very impressive given the injuries the Seahawks have had to contend with.

I remain a HUGE fan of Coach Pete Carroll - he's right up their with Bob Lutz on my hero list. Pete Carroll is such a positive person and his focus on competition is brilliant. My bet is if Pete Carroll owned/managed a dealership he'd be one of the franchise's top sellers.

On a final note, even though the Seahawks have won two overtime games this year I still hate the NFL's version of overtime compared to the College Football version. I think the College Football version of overtime is much more fair to both teams and is certainly more exciting to watch.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
XDCX
Administrator

Default Oregon's playing Stanford tonight at 9:00 pm East Coast Time

I've got the Tivo set for the Oregon/Stanford game tonight.

Oregon's tough but it's never easy to play on the road and Stanford can be very impressive when they're playing their "A-game."

I'm betting on a high scoring game that will be tight until the Fourth Quarter when Oregon will begin to take control.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #24
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I'm betting on a high scoring game that will be tight until the Fourth Quarter when Oregon will begin to take control.
Well, so much for that theory......

Oregon was crushed, absolutely man-handled, by Stanford and while the final score of 26 - 20 makes the game look like it was close it wasn't.

Stanford's "time of possession" was over 48 minutes. Oregon couldn't win the game because they never had the ball.....

Props to Stanford for a great game and preparations that allowed them to beat Oregon two years in a row. Stanford's program definitely shows the value of having a strong defensive line - it's almost impossible to rush against Stanford.

Concerning Oregon, they fought hard in the Fourth Quarter and had the beginnings of a comeback in motion but it was too little, too late. And on the plus-side, their on-side kick strategy will probably be copied by every College team that watched the game.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #25
chryslersrt8

Oregon got a taste of humble pie for second year in a row. Got to give them props though for not giving up.

I couldn't find the Baylor-OU game LADT night. Looks like Baylor made a statement just as Stanford did.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #26
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Oregon got a taste of humble pie for second year in a row. Got to give them props though for not giving up.
I really wanted Oregon to win because I think it would have been best for the Pac-12 Conference to have a contender for the National Championship. Stanford's already had a surprising loss to Utah so their chance for the top BCS game is already shot.

That said, Oregon can be very cocky and I like the fact that Stanford was able to beat them with "old fashion" football. Oregon's had a lot of success with recruiting "fast" athletes instead of "strong" athletes and their up-tempo/no-huddle offense is making football seem more like soccer where there are no breaks between plays.

Stanford crushed Oregon because their defensive line prevented Oregon from running the ball and their offensive line allowed Stanford to keep clawing for first downs and control the ball for over 48 minutes.

Chalk one up for the big guys on the line.

Quote:
I couldn't find the Baylor-OU game LADT night. Looks like Baylor made a statement just as Stanford did.
I saw the score and was pretty impressed.

I typically don't think of Baylor as a contender in the Top 25 but they are definitely making a statement that they belong among the top teams in the nation.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
XDCX
Administrator

Default Huskies crush Colorado - Now 6 - 3

It was an enjoyable Saturday watching the Huskies crush Colorado with a score of 59 - 7 playing in the rain. For the first time in a long time the Huskies played four quarters of great football and looked pretty impressive.

Granted, Colorado's not the toughest opponent and the Huskies real test comes this Friday when they play UCLA in the Rose Bowl. UCLA's ranked #13 and a Husky victory would go a long ways toward redeeming their season.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #28
chryslersrt8

Alabama finally is starting to look like the #1 team. LSU-Alabama game Saturday night one of the most physical-hard hitting games I have seen in a long time.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #29
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post

I typically don't think of Baylor as a contender in the Top 25 but they are definitely making a statement that they belong among the top teams in the nation.
Even though I've lived in the Waco area all of my life, I've never been a big Baylor fan...Texas and TCU for me...but Art Briles is one helluva coach...and he has designed an offense that can flat put points on the board. They really have the meat of their schedule coming up now, and things could change, but so far nobody has been able to contain them. They run a super-wide spread, multi-option offense, and they run it FAST. Oklahoma had the top rated defense in the big 12 and they just shredded them Thursday night. They are averaging 60 points and over 700 yards of total offense per game so far. They are a fun team to watch...whether you're a fan or not..lol
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #30
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerEx View Post
They are averaging 60 points and over 700 yards of total offense per game so far. They are a fun team to watch...whether you're a fan or not..lol
I'll have to remember to record a Baylor game on Tivo - that does sound like a lot of fun to watch.

Oregon was looking pretty invincible until Stanford cleaned their clock last week. I wonder if anyone will be able to stop Baylor?