Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
jdemonto

Default 2011 Jeep Wrangler Ordering now open with changes

Hot off the press....

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...ady-for-orders

Quote:
The 2011 Jeep Wrangler (standard and Unlimited) can now be ordered from dealers in the United States (and possibly other nations).

All Wranglers have a revised interior, with a new instrument panel, door trim, and rear cargo area surface. Jeep claims greater ease of use, ergonomics, and storage for the vehicle that has one Best 4×4 of the Decade (Four Wheeler).

New standard features for Sport models include steering wheel audio controls, cruise, and hill descent control.

The Sport S package now contains an AC outlet, automatic headlamps, and optional body-color hardtop.

There seems to be a new Connectivity Group available which includes the Vehicle Information Center, cellphone integration with voice commands, USB port, and, on the Sport package, a chrome/leather wrapped shift knob, for both the automatic and the manual. Automatic temperature control is now optional on Sahara and Rubicon.

The new Garmin 430N nav system is available for order on the Sahara and Rubicon (the 730N system does not appear to be available).

Colors at this time are Black (PX8), Bright Silver Metallic (PS2), Flame Red (PR4), Mango Tango (PVG), and Natural Green (PGN).

New Rubicon options are heated front seats and power mirrors.

All 2011 Jeep Wranglers have four wheel drive and a 3.8 liter V6 engine with a peak 202 horsepower and 237 lb-ft of torque, hill descent control, stability control, six-speed manual transmission, roll mitigation, six-speaker stereo with input jack, full-length floor console, outside temperature display, rear window defroster and wiper, tilt wheel, fog lamps, tow hooks, theft deterrent key, and skid plates for the transfer case, gas tank, and, for automatics, transmission oil pan.

The base model is Sport; the S package adds air conditioning, larger wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and deep tinted glass. Higher models are the Saraha and more-off-road-oriented Rubicon.

The Sport and Sahara models have Command-Trac 4×4, which has both a high and low range that split torque evenly between front and rear axles (for loose surfaces only). The main difference between Command-Trac and the Rock-Trac (on Rubicon) is the low gear: it multiplies torque by 2.72 on regular models and by 4 on Rubicon.

This simple, proven system is fuel efficient in two wheel drive mode, can be shifted to four wheel drive (high) at speeds up to 54 mph, and, in low gear, allows crawl ratios as low as 73:1.
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
jdemonto

I have seen the changes think Jeep patriot..strange seeing a wrangler with real door panels not sure I like the changes but will say customers will feel the wrangler is more suv.

Jason

Update

Here are some new packages

Sport

Connectivity Group (AAJ)
• Chrome/Leather Wrapped Shift Knob (CVC)
• Vehicle Information Center (LAZ)
• Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth (RSP)
• Remote USB Port (RSX)
• Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel (SCV)
• Chrome/Leather Wrapped Shift Knob (CVC)

Sahara Option

Standard Power Mirrors

Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control (HAB)
• Air Filtering (JMA)

new interior colors

Black
Black/Dark Saddle

Last edited by jdemonto; 06-09-2010 at 02:14 PM.
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Thanks for the information.

While it's good to hear the Wrangler will get some upgrades to its interior I think its biggest shortcoming is the current powertrain. I know the Pentastar V6 is in the works for next year - that should be a huge improvement.

Concerning regular "car like" door panels on a Wrangler, that will take some getting use to. I guess I'll withhold comment until I get a chance to see how they look.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
CarguyCO

The car like door panels will kill the purists....

As for the current drive train.....I think the Caliber accelerates better....there I said it.
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyCO View Post
As for the current drive train.....I think the Caliber accelerates better....there I said it.
I think the Pentastar V6 will be a huge improvement. It will be interesting to see what transmissions will be offered with the Pentastar in the Wrangler.

Concerning the current 3.8 V6 it reminds me of the old Wranglers that had the carburetored 4.2 I6 - they were slow, gutless and got lousy fuel economy. At least the 3.8 V6 has fuel injection so all the driveability issues with the old carburetor systems are a distant memory.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote