Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 05-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
G8Girl

Default GM loses 2nd known arbitration case

GM loses 2nd known arbitration case
Neil Roland
Automotive News -- May 20, 2010 - 12:01 am ET

WASHINGTON -- General Motors Co. lost its second arbitration out of two known cases -- this time to a dealership in rural Missouri.

Thomas Motors in Moberly won reinstatement and has been told by GM that it will get a letter of intent, the dealer's attorney said.

To read the rest of the article - click here

Last edited by XDCX; 05-22-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Removed pasted article due to copyright concerns
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

G8Girl - I edited your post to remove copyrighted material. It's OK to quote and provide a link but copying the whole article to this site would be a violation. No worries, I just wanted you to know why I edited your post.

Concerning GM and the arbitration process, I have to give them credit for taking the "high road" since they're not gloating over each victory with a press statement like Chrysler is. Additionally, when they lose it appears they're quick to issue a LOI that will actually allow the dealer to re-open his business.

In my opinion, Chrysler could learn a lot from GM's approach to dealer relations.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote