Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default United Hyundai in Las Vegas closes down abruptly

News reports indicate that United Hyundai in Las Vegas closed down abruptly on 12/31/09. For the full report - click here

The closure surprised me given Hyundai's sales success in 2009 until I read the report and learned the dealership was part of a dealer group which included United Dodge and United Chrysler/Jeep. Chrysler terminated both dealerships as part of it's bankruptcy filing.

In this case it appears the termination of the two OLDCO dealerships took down the dealer group's Hyundai dealership.

I've read that dealers with multiple franchises/locations should establish separate corporations to ensure that the collapse of one dealership does not wipe out the others. But I've also read that most banks want to "cross-collateralize" all of the dealer's assets before they extend a floor plan or a cap loan.

I wonder if there was a better corporate structure that would have allowed the Hyundai dealership to survive?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote