Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Do many customers want to bring their pets to your dealership?

I've been helping my parents get their home in Seattle ready to sell and that means I've been making a lot of trips to the local Home Depot store.

Home Depot apparently has a very "pet friendly" policy because I almost always see at least one or two customers walking through the store with their dog on a leash. To be clear, these dogs aren't "assistance animals" - they're just pets.

For the most part it's a non-event but I do recall one time when I had to crouch down to see an item on a lower shelf and discovered a dog sniffing my right ear. It wasn't a big deal to me but I can imagine some customers might have been alarmed or annoyed.

Do many customers want to bring their pets into your dealership and does your store allow customers to bring pets into your facility?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
zep33

Yes, we're a very pet-friendly dealership here. Never heard of a complaint. Always dogs here. Even had a guy bring his pet kitten in once.
zep33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Lakeshow

We have dogs in here all the time too, keep a Costco sized bucket of dog treats on hand for them.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
mryan55

We have dogs in here quite often... don't keep anything special around here for them, though.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
ohiobuckeyes

Please...if I don't hear 5 customers ask this question daily "where's the owners dog?" Which is great most of them come to see him and not anyone else. Trust me love having him at the store most of the him he seats guard in front of my desk.

Our main three employees have our dogs at the dealership almost daily. We also have water outside of the door for the local dogs out walking and treats. Our dealership also has a cat in our parts department which we rescued from our dumpster. Which I have never heard any complaints from anyone.

There is a dealership a town over that will not let customers in their dealership with muddy boots. We welcome pets and muddy boots daily.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep33 View Post
Even had a guy bring his pet kitten in once.
There's a small city near where my parents live, Edmonds, WA, that made news last year when they passed a cat leash law. I can't say I've ever seen a cat on a leash but the law was passed so it would be illegal for cats to wander the streets.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
There's a small city near where my parents live, Edmonds, WA, that made news last year when they passed a cat leash law. I can't say I've ever seen a cat on a leash but the law was passed so it would be illegal for cats to wander the streets.
That brings to mind the title of a book written a few years ago by Trent Lott called "Herding Cats: A Lifetime in Politics"
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #8
TNtech

All the time, yes.
TNtech is offline   Reply With Quote