Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
ssdd

Default They are going to put us all out of business

March 20, 2009
To all Chrysler Financial Wholesale Dealers:
Throughout our history, Chrysler Financial has been committed to supporting our wholesale dealer partners. Your wholesale financing needs remain our priority today. As you are aware, the situation in the financial markets has not improved and our cost of funds continues to rise. We have done our best to avoid passing the increases on to you. However, our most recent increase in cost of funds necessitates a rate increase in our wholesale financing.
Effective May 1, 2009, Chrysler Financial rates for Chrysler LLC and non-Chrysler LLC wholesale floorplan will increase. The rate increase will be presented in your billing on May 30, 2009, with payment due by June 30, 2009. The specifics of the rate increase will be communicated to each dealer individually by members of the Chrysler Financial field organization. There is no change to the aged inventory fee/reduction policy that went into effect on February 1, 2009.
In an effort to help you manage your new vehicle inventory and lessen your overall floorplan expense, we are introducing a Dealer Rewards Q2 2009 incentive. This incentive is available to Chrysler Financial floorplan dealers who pay off their “NEW” 2008MY or older floorplan balances by June 30, 2009. Consistent with our curtailment policy, specific vehicle models are exempt from this requirement. Floorplan dealers who meet the incentive criteria will have their earned CF penetration level increased to the next tier rate reduction.
Chrysler Financial field personnel will be in contact to further discuss and answer questions. You will also find detailed Dealer Rewards Q2 2009 incentive program rules on CF Connect early next week.
We understand you’re challenged by these difficult times, as are we. We are confident that through a strong commitment to partnership, together we will prevail.
Sincerely,
Tom Gilman
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
ssdd

I like the individual basis $#!t too...
Home cooking from Chrysler Financial! MMM, MMM, good!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
squish

it gets to the point that i am afraid to open any emails from cfc because they are laden with bad news for us. all i can do is keep my chin up knowing that it will get better....right?
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
ssdd

I agree, It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.
It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.
It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.

Maybe if I say it enough we will all believe it!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
squish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
I agree, It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.It is getting better.

Maybe if I say it enough we will all believe it!
i'll even click my heels together three times if that will work!
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Default I'm a little confused....

While I'm not an expert, the impression I get is that the credit markets are improving. The actions taken by the Treasury over the past two weeks have driven 30 Year Mortgage Rates to near record lows.

Additionally, the Treasury's TALP program has finally started and it seems that Ford and Nissan were able to issue Asset-Backed paper for the first time in months.

I wonder why they're bumping rates now?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
ssdd

'cause they can, they want to "thin the herd" a little...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I like the individual basis $#!t too...
Home cooking from Chrysler Financial! MMM, MMM, good!
That makes me suspicious too.

If all the dealers pay the same rate across the country, why is it necessary to review these changes on an individual basis?

You can bet there's some bean-counter at CF that would love to tier flooring rates based on dealership capital structure.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
possum

Just when Dealers order up all the allocation in order to help our "partner", the floor rate goes up. Are we really surprised?
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
ssdd

mine went up .55 basis points...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
mine went up .55 basis points...
Thanks for sharing the information.

There has to be a reason why they're reviewing the rate changes on an individual basis. Perhaps they're altering flooring rates based on Business Center location or dealership size?

I remember being surprised how much varience CF had between Business Centers when we did a comparison of their Retial Rates - maybe the same will hold true with thier flooring rates?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Just when Dealers order up all the allocation in order to help our "partner", the floor rate goes up. Are we really surprised?
That's the sad part, it's not surprising based on prior history.

I thing CL Pgh once said in a similar thread - "expect and accept."
Old 03-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #13
dafuzz1956

Question, don't certain people get paid money after this happens to them ? And don't they get extra when it comes up the back door ?
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #14
ssdd

yeah a dodge dealer is the best little whore house in Texas...
Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #15
dafuzz1956

LOL
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote