Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Independent Dealers > Sales

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
possum

Default Gaurd needed

As I'm sitting here waiting on the Transport Carrier to bring in the cars bought at Manheim / Dallas today, I had the thought they should probably come with security guards, based on the prices!

If I don't find cash stuffed in the glove box, I paid too much!
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Txflyer

Used car prices around here are getting crazy! Getting them financed for what you have to pay for them is a whole 'nother story.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Used car prices around here are getting crazy! Getting them financed for what you have to pay for them is a whole 'nother story.
cash is King~~~~No cash down? No trade equity? Credit score 680?Sorry 'bout your luck, Mr Customer.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
birch3x

What will happen when the 3 year old 'program car' lease returns run down? Chrysler is almost at the end of it, and GM seems to have smaller numbers coming back as well. If late model used vehicles dry up, it would be a very good time for new car volume to go up, as long as some incentives come along.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
SHACOS
Super Moderator

For someone like me who doesn't like to put cash down on ANYTHING, the prospect of attempting to purchase a car is getting scary.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
What will happen when the 3 year old 'program car' lease returns run down? Chrysler is almost at the end of it, and GM seems to have smaller numbers coming back as well. If late model used vehicles dry up, it would be a very good time for new car volume to go up, as long as some incentives come along.
Great point - there's no question there's a growing pool of aged vehicles that will need to be replaced once the recession starts to end. I think the wild card is unemployment and housing stabilization. People are reluctant to make a major purchase when there's so much uncertainty about their job and the value of their house.

It will be interesting to see which OEMs step up to grab market share once the market starts to recover.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote