Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 10-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #1
F&I Pro

Default F&I Pro

As a Business Manager during these trying times, I look forward to interesting information to be obtained from this site. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I find that after nearly 20 years in the "Box" we are entering into a totally new era of doing business.
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Welcome to Dealershipforum.com

I agree that this is a new era for our business - it's become an "evolve or die" type of marketplace.

It's great to have some F&I talent in the house. The forum is still pretty new and most of our members are Sales Managers, GMs and Dealer Principals.

I hope that you'll be a regular contributor.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
dafuzz1956

From one F&I Guy to another welcome, I hope we can get more people to participate in discussions.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuzz1956 View Post
From one F&I Guy to another welcome, I hope we can get more people to participate in discussions.
I hope that we can get some more people to participate too.

There's so much going on in the car business right now that there's no question we could all benefit by learning from one another.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
CL Pgh

Default Cjd F&i

You folks seen the no charge Garmin Nuvi 255W w/Chrys. service contract purchase??? Fax/letter dated 15th from Jim Press just came over (16th late afternoon). Can't find full program rules yet. There's mention of a spin spiff from Chrysler as well.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
dafuzz1956

Say what? Is this regional or national, I have not heard about this one
Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
CL Pgh

If this didn't start out by saying: To All Chrysler LLC Dealers ... I wouldn't copy & paste it. I still can't find the program rules in Dealer Connect, so I wouldn't present it yet to customers. Here's the letter:
__________________________________________________ ____________

James E. Press

October 15, 2008

To All Chrysler LLC Dealers,

The challenges we face in our industry today require unique and aggressive marketing strategies
to pull us through these difficult retail times. We realize that with new vehicle sales struggling,
dealers are embracing other areas of their dealership for additional sources of profitability; The
used car department, service and parts operations, the body shop and F&I sources are all being
utilized for additional opportunities.

We have developed a unique, special offer for the rest of the year to help increase your service
contract take-rates. We're offering an exclusive new "Protection with Direction" promotion that
provides your new and used vehicle customers the protection of any qualifying major component
service contract that includes the direction of a portable Garmin navigation unit.

THE OFFER: For the remainder of this year, Chrysler will offer all your qualifying service
contract purchasers (new or used) a Garmin, nuvi 255W portable navigation unit at no additional
charge - a $350 retail value.

In addition, Chrysler will support the efforts of your sales people or F&l manager with a Major
Bonus or Protection with Direction spiff that will pay $10 - $35 per eligible contract sold for the rest
of the year.

THE PROPOSITION: We're confident that this promotion will increase service contract
sales for dealers who are currently aggressively selling Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge products. For those
Chrysler dealers who offer contracts other than Chrysler's service contracts, we ask that you
embrace this exclusive offer when discussing these contract options with your customers.

If you will consider offering the "Protection with Direction" promotion to at least ten (10) of
your new/used contract customers each month, for the remainder of this year, we can make this
promotion successful. And if you encompass our new Disappearing Deductible feature with any
Added or Maximum plan, you'll help build loyalty to your dealership for additional service and parts
opportunities and that ever important repurchase consideration.

By working together we can come out of this downturn stronger than ever and I know that I
can count on you to continue to help boost profitability for the remainder of the year.

Regards,

Jim Press
__________________________________________________ ____________
Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
dafuzz1956

I found the spiff part of the anouncement and they said that a "kick off kit" was on the way end of the week
Old 10-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #9
CL Pgh

Chrysler service contract rep. called back this morning... they had no clue about this program yesterday when it was sent out (letter dated 15th) and details are supposedly still being worked out. One thing he seems to be sure on is if the customer cancels contract early... we get charged back the $350 retail value of the Garmin.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Chrysler service contract rep. called back this morning... they had no clue about this program yesterday when it was sent out (letter dated 15th) and details are supposedly still being worked out. One thing he seems to be sure on is if the customer cancels contract early... we get charged back the $350 retail value of the Garmin.
It sounds like a great program - both for the customer and the Finance Manager. (Or Sales Desk depending on how your store does deals.)

The charge back portion of the deal certainly needs some clarification - hopefully there's some verbiage that protects the dealer and allows them to charge the customer for the $350 in the event of 100% cancellation.