Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Welcome Redline Performance Group

I'd like to welcome Redline Performance Group to the forum.

Redline Performance Group is a Training and Consulting firm that works with Dealership Sales and Finance Departments.

I've asked the owner of Redline Performance Group, JimD, to join this thread and provide us with more information about the services his company offers.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
JimD
Supporting Sponsor

Thank-you X-man.

A little about to me to begin is probably in order. I started in the car biz in Dec 1997, and was promoted to F&I in Feb 1998 after putting 15 cars out by the 14th of Feb. (Ahhhh, the good old days!) I have worked in dealerships for all of the domestic lines, as well as multiple import lines. In June 2006, I moved to Power Sports at a Texas motorcycle dealership. I averaged around $900/copy for both Automotive and Power Sports.

Published multiple training articles in F&I Technology magazine and was the feature/cover story of their May 2008 Power Sports issue. I also served on Ron Martin's panel, at the 2008 F&I National Conference in Las Vegas this past September.

OK, enough tooting of my own horn.

Redline Performance Group was started, to provide dealerships (both Automotive and Power Sports), with true training in both compliance and sales. I am adamant about compliance. I simply do not do "hinkey" deals. I see no gray area in regards to compliance. Either you are complaint, or you are not. If you are "mostly" compliant, then you are non-compliant.

Our first seminar, will be held in mid to late March (DTBD) and take place in Milwaukee. It will cover the FTC's Red Flag Rules (RFR) and do so in depth and detail. Far too many people who need to know these rules, do not know their full implications nor do they truly know what is required. Those attending the seminar in March, will leave at the end of the day, with ALL of the information necessary to return to their dealerships and establish a fully compliant program. We will NOT be selling products! Your DP's, don't need to pay for you/them to hear a sales pitch. They would be paying for, and getting, sound, solid information on how to protect their stores and their customers.

Many dealerships, have been approached by this-or-that insurance agent/agency, and have been told that their manual would make the dealer compliant and it was free if the dealer would allow them to sell their ID Theft Insurance to the employees. Either those agents/agencies lied, or they do not know what they are talking about. There is NO generic manual, which will make you compliant. In point of fact, a generic manual by definition; will make you non-compliant.

The seminar will last 1 day, and is $795 for 1 dealer employee to attend, and $695 for each additional employee who attends. I strongly urge, 4 persons to be present from each dealership and if not 4, at least 2. Why 4?

The DP (Dealer Principal), is liable for RFR compliance. If he/she doesn't truly know what is required, they can not truly know if it is being done. With violations ranging in fines up to $50,000 PER VIOLATION; it simply behooves the DP to understand what is necessary. (If not the DP, then the GM in his/her stead.) The CO (Compliance Officer) should attend. (RFR btw, requires that a CO be named. More on that at the seminar.) The F&I Manager should attend I think for obvious reasons and it is my opinion that the Sales Manager should also attend. This way, Sales doesn't send a deal to Finance, which is already in violation. (The least necessary attendee on that list, would be the SM btw.) The reason I suggest at least 2 persons to attend, is for redundancy. If one person attends, and then subsequently quits, is killed/injured, the dealership is left in a tight spot.

Originally, the enforcement date for the RFR was Nov 1, 2008. This was in October, deferred until May 1, 2009; because many business entities did not know they were subject to the RFR. To my knowledge, this is the first and only time, I have seen "ignorance of the law", successfully serve as a "defense". I do not look for it to happen again.

In the future, we will conduct seminars in F&I Operations, both prime and sub-prime; as well as sales training for floor sales staff. We may or may not offer back-end product in the future, that has yet to be determined. For my part, I prefer not to, in that by not doing so, we remain revenue neutral in regards to our consulting suggestions/recommendations.

I can be reached by email at:

jimdirks.redline@new.rr.com

or by phone at:

715-330-8536

Feel free to post/ask questions here or by contact via the above. The advantage to doing so here, is that both the question and the answer can be shared by all.

Last edited by JimD; 01-29-2009 at 12:13 PM.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
JimD
Supporting Sponsor

RFR Seminar info:

Clarion Hotel Airport
5311 S Howell Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Ph: 414-481-2400

Room Rate: $94.99/room dble occupancy

Lunch on day of seminar included.

8:00 am Wed Mar 25, 2009 until finished. (Approx 4:00 pm Wed)

LIMITED to 30 participants. Members of this forum get a $100 discount if registered and paid by Feb 15.

Last edited by JimD; 02-06-2009 at 12:30 PM.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Jim:

Thanks for the introduction and I'm pleased to hear that you've already locked in the date and location for your next Red Flag Rule seminar.

It's great to have someone with your experience on the forum who can address the Red Flag Rule and other regulatory concerns.

You may want to start a new thread in your section for the upcoming RFR seminar so it will be easier to find for any new members visiting the site.

Thanks again for posting your introduction, it's great having you here.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote