Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default Life after the car business

http://www.yelp.com/biz/olde-port-co...nce-portsmouth

If you read the newest post, it says a lot about an ex car guy and how he feels about his business and customers. I'm sure Ralph was EXACTLY the same in his dealership dealings. Its a shame we lose this caliber of people in our dealership family. I personally feel great that Ralph and his son are enjoying life!!!!!!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

That's cool - I really enjoyed reading the comment dated 01/23/11.

For those who are not up to speed, the business evaluated in the link Steve listed is owned by our member Ralph (Troy Allen) and his son.

For those who enjoyed reading Ralph's posts while he was here you'll likely get a smile when you read about a "super super nice" owner who gives change in two dollar bills and one dollar coins if requested.

As I recall, this is one of two businesses Troy purchased since closing his Chrysler dealership. It's great to hear that he's still treating his customers well and he's found happiness in a post-Chrysler world.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
steve_biegler

Where Ralph landed.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Olde-...28363380533543

Last edited by steve_biegler; 01-30-2013 at 08:16 AM.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
I'm no expert concerning Facebook but I'm concerned that it appears the page for Olde Port Convenience Store hasn't been updated for over a year.

Hopefully the business is still viable and Ralph (Troy) just got tired of updating a Facebook page that didn't really impact his business. (I think that's the case for a lot of small businesses that use Facebook - it can result in a low ROI when you factor in all the time it takes to keep a page current.)

The other reason I'm concerned is I remember the thread we had paying tribute to Troy got a lot of hits for a short period of time about a year ago. I remember thinking at the time it must have been from people who were doing a Google Search looking for information about Troy.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote